Not as boring as off-white and not as dark as khaki, linen is a sweet and subtle neutral. It’s super popular this spring and is being worn in a couple of interesting ways:
1. Pair Linen with an accessory in a brighter hue to give your outfit a bit of personality
For example, a violet belt ( far right) + linen is a hot combo. If you don’t like purple try Nectarine and Monaco blue are also other popular combinations with Linen this spring. Visit this post I wrote on the cutout trend in which I showed another great example of using a touch of bright with neon.
2. Keep it chic in multi-toned neutral shades
We have a great example here in this collage sent in by one of our readers Tamera Beardsley …..
Tamera writes, “I am 54 years old and live in Southern California where I write a personal style blog called Tamera Beardsley with my son as photographer. This collage is a compilation of several posts, as I have a love for wearing neutral creams and whites, especially in the summer.”
Tamera goes on to say: “I shut my accessory design business to raise my children and now my blog, my personal journal, has led me back to my passion of accessories. The bracelets are my own design and will be featured in my soon to open, online shop.”
Tamera, great style. Thanks for these. I love the harem pants tied at the ankle with the gorgeous shoes and that wonderful wrap. You look so chic.
Tamera is showing us great example of monochromatic or tone-on-tone dressing. This style of dressing makes you look:
1) Instantly elegant – Ever notice many chic, rich women dress tone on tone rather than in multi- colors?
2) Taller and slimmer– one color = 1 vertical line draws the eye up and down make you look long and lean.
3) Calm– These quiet, natural shades layered tone on tone are soft, muted and calming like a sandy beach.
Sometimes monochromatic dressing can be boring, but not so here, as Tamera has incorporated a lot of texture including: the straw bag, the beaded and rattan bracelets, the canvas shoes, knits, linen, cotton, leather cutouts on the shoes.
Thanks Tamera for being such an inspiration. If you have some photos to share please email us at email@example.com