Fabulous after 40 is all about building community and sharing information and experiences to help other women over 40 update their style , increase their confidence and improve their lives. We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community in these categories: Fashion, Beauty and Well-being.
Here’s what you need to know if you would like to submit a post:
Compensation: While we do not offer financial compensation for guest posts, contributors are promoted on Fabulous after 40 and the Fabulous after 40 Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ pages.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting to Fabulous after 40:
- Word Count: Posts may not be more than 300-500 words.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Fabulous After 40. We do not accept posts that have already been published elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites
- Content must be the work of the contributor.
- We do not accept SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our philosophy: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, do not contact us. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are also not interested.
- Tone: Content should be uplifting, positive, informative, enertaining, inspiring. We like helpful information that solves a fashion problem a woman over 40 may have ie: 5 Ways to Dress to Hide Your Midlife Tummy.
- Format: Tip oriented articles work best
- Links: In-text links, only if appropriate, but no hyperlinks please. Use links in brackets after the appropriate text, like this [http://www.fabulousafter40.com].
- Affiliate Links: We do not allow Affiliate Links
- Posts may not be advertorial in nature.
- Editing: Fabulous after 40 reserves the right to edit content and format prior to publishing.
- Promotion: Feel free to promote posts on your blog, twitter, facebook and other social media accounts.
Please Follow these guidelines:
- Posts must include at least one image (approx 400 x 600)
- Featured Image must be free of writing or water marks. This is the picture that will appear on our rotating viewer.
- Horizontal images preferred as they work best when rotating on the home page.
- If you use an image that is not your own, you need to ensure you have rights to use that image.
- Give credit for photos that are not your own with a statement and link at the bottom of the post.
Acceptance of Your Post
Byline: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences.
Fabulous After 40 is a great resource to promote what you’re doing and and get yourself known as an expert in your field. Your byline should be a short description explaining who you are and what you do. Please include a profile picture/avatar. We include these at the bottom of our posts.
Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media you use. The more people who view your post, the better is it for you and the better it is for Fabulous After 40. We supply guest bloggers with badges saying they have been featured, so be sure to pick one up.
Please contact us for a list of topics we need writers for or to submit you blog post topic idea. Email email@example.com.
Badges & Banners
Copy this code to use on your site: <a href=”http://www.fabulousafter40.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.fabulousafter40.com/images/Im-on-Fabulous-After-40.jpg” alt=”Deborah Boland”></a>
Copy this code to use on your site: <a href=”http://www.fabulousafter40.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.fabulousafter40.com/images/See-Me-on-Fabulous-After-40.jpg” alt=”Deborah Boland”></a>
Copy this code to use on your site: <a href=”http://www.fabulousafter40.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.fabulousafter40.com/images/See-Me-on-Fabulous-After-40_234x60.jpg” alt=”Deborah Boland”></a>