This is a Fabulous After 40 sponsored conversation. All opinions and results from testing are my own.
As a beauty reviewer, I’ve tested countless skincare products. Many make lofty claims while others promise the bare minimal. I’m always looking for the product that will set itself apart from the others. I expect it to have a distinguishable characteristic or result that will “wow” me.
When I first heard that Skin Beautiful Dermaceuticals™ promised to be meditation for my skin, I knew I had to try it and see the results for myself.
HOW IT WORKS
Skin Beautiful Dermaceuticals™ combines quality skincare products with a special technique similar to meditation for proven great results. It targets the problem areas that women over 40 struggle with most frequently, including fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.
For a more detailed description of how the “affirmacizes” (meditation for your skin) work with in combination with the products, visit our introduction to Skin Beautiful Dermaceuticals™ post.
I was given the following products to test:
- Time Reversal Eye Cream
- Time Rewind Anti-Wrinkle Serum
- Skin Rescue Oxygen Treatment
- Refining Micro-Peel Pads
- Dermal Nutrition Antioxidant (DNA) Repair Cream
- Initially, I felt a little silly doing the “affirmacizes”. This type of thing seemed more appropriate for a yoga studio than my bathroom. But after a few days, I realized just how powerful these daily affirmations can be, especially for those women who have really lost confidence in their appearance.
- The “affirmacizes” served as reminders that beauty really does begin from within our bodies and works its way to the outside.
- It’s easy to be overly critical of our appearances once we hit 40. These repetitive reminders helped me to not only look beautiful but to feel beautiful too.
- I’m not a big fan of facial exfoliators. I suffer from rosacea and most exfoliating products are abrasive and leave my face bright red and stinging. The Refining Micro-Peel Pads were gentle enough to use each evening and left my face feeling smooth. I was surprised that they actually helped clear up some discoloration, such as the dark shadows I have in the inside corners of my eyes.
- One of my favorite products was the Time Reversal Eye Cream. I’ve tried several eye creams that target lines including crow’s feet. I haven’t had much luck. I was thrilled with the results of the Time Reversal Eye Cream. I saw significant improvement in the lines under my eyes, and my crow’s feet were less prominent. I used this product each morning and evening after cleansing.
- On my forehead, I used the Time Rewind Anti-Wrinkle Serum. This is best used for those areas with deeper wrinkles caused by repeated facial movements. For me, my forehead was the perfect place to use this serum. Although the serum was a bit thin and watery, it worked wonders on my forehead. I saw a definite reduction in my forehead wrinkles. They were not totally eliminated, but they were reduced to the point where I was incredibly pleased with the results.
- For the rest of my face, I used the Skin Rescue Oxygen Treatment. Other than my forehead and crow’s feet, the rest of my face shows very few signs of aging. This product is more of a defense mechanism than a repair product. It was best for use on my cheeks and chin where I want to protect from future damage.
- Lastly, after cleansing and applying the serums, I applied the Dermal Nutrition Antioxidant (DNA) Repair Cream. I loved how this cream targeted the redness that I have as a result of rosacea. While it didn’t eliminate all of my redness, when used repeatedly, there was reduction in my redness by about 30%. This repair cream is like applying liquid silk to your skin. It’s so soft and soothing and has a cooling effect on my skin.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Skin Beautiful Dermaceuticals™ products are comparable in price to high-end drugstore brands. Individual products range from $10 – $49. The kits which are a combination of 4 – 5 full size products start at $139.00.