After 40, 50 and beyond you want to look classy, you want to look chic, and you also want a look a little bit sexy.
How do you communicate that in a tasteful, grown-up-gal way?
Plunging necklines that dive desperately deep, or thigh high skirts designed for teenagers are not the answer.
One of the best ways to look modern and sexy is to buy yourself a pair of tall, black dress boots.
This season there’s 3 heights to choose from:
- tall – classic, to the knee
- taller- over the knee cap
- tallest- way above the knee to the thigh!!
How high do you go? All three can work. Here are some tips for how to wear black tall boot,s no matter what height you choose:
- If you want height but heels kill your feel, try a wedge or platform heel.
- Leather is the most versatile kind of black boot.
- A pointy toe boot is dressier than a rounded toe.
- Zippers on boots add a sporty vibe.
- Equestrians style boots with buckles have a refined, casual feel and look good with traditional styles, especially shirts and blazers.
- Suede boots that pull on like a glove are very sexy and elegant.
- Over the knee boots work with dresses, but also look good tucked in to jeans and worn with a big, soft blouse.
- Wear over the knee black boots with dark opaque stockings to avoid looking too “pretty woman” (racy).
- Black suede boots pair best with black opaque stockings. Black leather boots can be worn with varying thickness of hose but look modern with opaque.