Most women understand that it’s not cool to be walking around European cities in big, clunky white sneakers, which is why they love my suggestions for comfy, closed toe walking shoes. But what about sandals? What type of sandals should you pack for your trip that are practical, comfortable, but not boring?
Here are some guidelines to on what to look for, plus a look at some of the latest comfortable walking sandals for women in stores right now.
The best walking sandals for travel need to be:
- Comfortable – They shouldn’t pinch at toe or the sides of the shoe and they should have a cushioned, comfy footbed
- Lightweight and Airy – To keep your feet feeling energized and fresh
- Water resistant – Wet, cold feet can ruin your trip.
- Neutral or a fun color- stay way from pure white which gets dirty easily in sooty European streets
- Sturdy – Make sure they can withstand a lot of wear and tear
- Good for walking on cobblestones, grass, rocks, sand and historical ruins. A strong sole is a must.
- Straps at the ankle or across the middle of the foot help hold the foot in place to you don’t twist your ankle
- Practical, stylish and works for night and day outfits.
- Easy to slip on and off – especially important at airport security checks
- Compact, streamlined and flexible for packing
|1. Modern Metallic
This cool ‘Paris’ sandal by NAOT with its chic metallic finish is modern and contemporary.
2. Dressy Wedge Sandal
Sometimes you want a bit of height, but you want the comfort too. So try the Jefre Wedgee Sandal by Vince Camuto. With a 2 inch wedge heel and comfortable sole, this shoe is both chic and easy to wear. One of the stylish sandals for travel, this is the perfect shoe if your travels involve a dressy occasion where you’ll be on your feet.
|3. Comfort Sandal
The Damara sandal from ECCO is modern and lightweight. These are good walking sandals for travel because they have an adjustable strap and comfort-enhancing footbed for fantastic fit and comfort.
They may not be the prettiest shoe, but Birkenstocks are known for being one fo the most comfortable
walking sandals for travel.
Gone are the days when Birkenstocks were sandals just for hippie types. They’ve reached iconic status and are worn by some of the most stylish women of all ages. Birkenstocks come in al kinds of styles and colors in including these more feminine Arizona Footbed sandals in a a pretty rose gold metallic.
|5. Nice Neutral
This sandal always works wherever you go in the world and is great for when you want to wear a dress and want some height but not an uncomfortable high heel. The ‘Alanya’ sandal from Finn Comfort is simple, streamlined, practical and chic.
6. Cleverly Disguised Orthopedic Comfort
This bestselling ‘Jamaica’ sandal perfectly supports and cushions your foot with every step.