Most women understand that it’s not cool to be walking around European cities in big, clunky white sneakers, which is why they love my suggestions for comfy, closed toe walking shoes. But what about sandals? What type of sandals should you pack for your trip that are practical, comfortable, but not boring?
Here are some guidelines to on what to look for, plus a look at some of the latest travel sandals in stores right now.
Walking Sandals for travel need to be:
- Comfortable – They shouldn’t pinch at toe or the sides of the shoe and they should have a cushioned, comfy footbed
- Lightweight and Airy – To keep your feet feeling energized and fresh
- Water resistant – Wet, cold feet can ruin your trip.
- Neutral or a fun color- stay way from pure white which gets dirty easily in sooty European streets
- Sturdy – Make sure they can withstand a lot of wear and tear
- Good for walking on cobblestones, grass, rocks, sand and historical ruins. A strong sole is a must.
- Straps at the ankle or across the middle of the foot help hold the foot in place to you don’t twist your ankle
- Practical, stylish and works for night and day outfits.
- Easy to slip on and off – especially important at airport security checks
- Compact, streamlined and flexible for packing
You can’t beat Ecco when it comes to comfort. This cool Damara sandal with its chic metallic finish is modern and contemporary.
Dressy Wedge Sandal
Sometimes you want a bit of height, but you want the comfort too. So try this Sofft Imala Wedge Sandal. With a 1.5 inch wedge heel and famous sole, this black elastic comfort sandal is known for its supreme comfort.
|Finn Comfort Sandal
This soft tape sandal in smooth napa leather hails from Germany and is a favorite because it is modern and lightweight. These are good walking sandals for travel because they have four adjustable straps for fantastic fit and comfort.
They may not be the prettiest shoe, but Birkenstocks are known for being one fo the most comfortable walking sandals for travel.
The recent popularity of chunky athletic sandals, has finally brought this brand some fashion cred. Birkenstocks are no longer sandal just for hippie types and come in al kinds of styles and colors in including these more feminine Papillo by Birkenstock Arizona Birko-Flor sandals with a pretty silk rose print.
This sandal always works wherever you go in the world and is great for when you want to wear a dress and want some height but not an uncomfortable high heel. The Walk a beat sandal is simple, streamlined, practical and chic.
Cleverly Disguised Orthopedic Comfort
This artsy Think – Mizzi Face Sandal perfectly supports and cushions your foot with every step. Anatomically contoured natural cork/latex footbed is lined with suede for a fabulous feel.