A big bust may seem like a blessing, until you have to shop for tops. The problem is twofold: Some shirts fit across the bust but are wide and baggy at the torso making your figure look like a matronly box 2) Other shirts taper at torso, but pull across the bust leaving a gaping hole. The best shirts for large chested women follow the contours of the bust and are fitted around the torso.
OPEN YOUR NECKLINE
If you want to minimize your bust, it also helps to wear a shirt or top that is open at the neckline, Showing some skin breaks up the wide expanse of your chest and can visually make you appear more shapely and slimmer.
Some of the best necklines for women with a big bust are:
- V-necklines but not so low you get a lot of cleavage
- Square necklines
- Scoop necklines
- Sweetheart necklines
- keyhole necklines
- open boat necklines
ELONGATE YOUR TORSO
Length of your top: It’s important top is not too short or you are going to look like heavy and stout. NOTlonger. It should land 4-5 inches past the belly button to slim the torso. Otherwise, your torso will look short and stout.
Tops to avoid:
- tops with pockets at the chest- the pockets draw attention to your bust
- tops with frills – the frills add extra bulk at the chest
- turtlenecks – too much material adds bulk to the chest
- thin materials – exaggerates the size of the breasts