I’m not an enthusiastic shopper and I’m a stay-at-home mom and wife to a pastor,so–I like to wear conservative, inexpensive AND stylish clothes. Quite a challenge! I often put on my clothes and realize they look old, or make ME look old! I’m petite, too, so it’s even harder to find great clothes at a great price. How can I find great clothes without spending much money or time? Thanks for what you do.
I feel strongly that women have years of being “brainwashed” to think that to save money, you need to buy inexpensive clothes, when in reality what we need to do is train ourselves to shop a lot smarter and with a strategy in mind. Here’s how:
1) Know what colors look best on you and stick with a narrow palate that will all mix and match.
2) Don’t buy in quantity. Buy classic quality (this will work well for you, since you want to look more conservative)
3) Try shopping at consignment stores for brand names that are higher quality
4) Don’t be afraid to have things tailored. Fit is so important to looking great!
5) Be super picky before purchasing an item. If you are always buying things that you just “sort of like” and don’t LOVE, you will never feel satisfied or fabulous in your clothes.
These are just a few tips I have for you, however because that is such a challenge for so many women I wrote a great e-book on the topic of looking great for less, called
Chic on the Cheap! It has more tips and tricks like these with pictures to show you how to save lots of money and you can even down load it right now!