Oh that we could all look as thrilled about wearing a bathing suit as this woman!
For most of us 40, 50 and beyond the thought of having to put on a small piece of fabric and present yourself in public makes us feel totally insecure. But there’s hope. We’re excited to tell you about a company that has managed to help women of all sizes look fabulous in a bathing suit.
It’s called Sequins and Sand and here are a few of their best tips for finding the right suit.
- Find a style that balances out your best features. If you have small breasts you will want to plump them up with rushing or padding. A large bust looks best in a plunging neckline.
- Look for a suit with wide straps. They help make your shoulders look narrow.
- Beware of strapless suits. After a certain age our breasts start to sag. Unless you have very perky “girls” you will want to opt for a suit with some good support.
- Find a brand that has a tummy minimizer. This will help smooth out and hold in your midsection.
- Make sure you have enough coverage. Many suites tend to skimp with the fabric in the tush area. Good fit will always flatter!
- Add a large hat. Wearing a small hat like a baseball cap will not look as flattering as a larger one.
- Instead of shorts wear a sarong. Nothing like a beautiful, thin, flowing piece of fabric wrapped about your waist to make you feel feminine and pretty.
- If you are short, consider finding flip flops with a little wedge. This will give your legs the illusion of length.
- Bring a tube of lipstick. Just a pretty pop of color on your lips is all you need to draw attention to your face and not your hips.
Yes, Sequins and Sand is an online store that celebrates all the fun you can have in the sun! They specialize in plus size suits that will flatter your figure. They have suits that go up to an F cup.
So make sure to check out their beautiful website and real models! (This is the best part, they actually use women who we can relate to, not stick thin 14 year old models. We have been looking for a store who will embrace us as we are and now we have finally found one to share with you!)