Hi Glam Gals,
I’ve got an upcoming short trip to Las Vegas and wonder if you could offer some appropriate ideas — mostly casual day-time wear that could transition to dressier evening attire. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Las Vegas is one of those surreal places. It’s like walking around in a dreamland because life goes on 24 hours a day, and most of the buildings have no windows so you lose track of day and night! Best of all, you can really wear things that you might not wear back home. This town is an “anything goes” type of town and if there is something in the back of your closet you have always wanted to wear, this is the place to bring it!
So what to wear? Here are some of the issue you will have to think about:
- It’s burning hot outside and very cool in the casinos and shopping
- The shoe issue. You will be walking a lot!
- How to dress age appropriate and still have your wardrobe feel festive!
Here are a few ideas that might be helpful:
- Layering is a must, so have a few simple cardigans or pashminas that you can carry to throw on as you go in and out of stores and casinos.
- Have that little pair of flat sandals in your purse to slip on when you are going to and from venues.
- Daytime, a little dress or linen pants and top are perfect. Cool and classy.
- Nighttime, you can bring out the bling or go more simple.
|Super CasualAs you can see, anything goes in Vegas. Even here at the beautiful Wynn hotel (one of the more upscale Hotels) women were seen in capri pants and sandals.
|Oh yes to the maxi dress! Before the show Le Reve, I spotted this pretty gal in this Quicksilver maxi. Just perfect for the hot night and still looked elegant!|
|Sneaky casual sandal!
This gal cringed and started laughing when I asked if I could see what shoes she was wearing… Why? Because she was wearing really casual sandals! No one would know that this Glam Gal was keeping her tootsies feeling good under that long dress!
| Dressing it up or down!
Here’s a great dress…long sleeves and yet with a sexy neckline! She had on flat white sandals that looked great!
|Super Duper dressy!
This gal was at the show and looked liked she stepped out of the good old days when people actually “dressed”, but in today’s world she was a little over dressed.
|Here is that boyfriend jacket again!
I could hardly believe my eyes when I spotted this gal in her Elizabeth and James linen jacket. Check out our recent post that we did on this! I guess we should have mentioned it would be a super piece to take to Las Vegas!