A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
Don’t you love that quote? I do, because it perfectly sums up what a loving and giving person my mom truly is. I am blessed to have still her, and I’m looking forward to honoring her on Mother’s Day, which is just around the corner, Sunday, May 14th.
If you are still shopping for a unique and thoughtful mother’s day gift, here are a few to consider that are sure to wow mom on her special day.
1. Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Brush System ($120) – The Clarisonic has been the “it” beauty items for a few years now. If your mom hasn’t splurged for one for herself, now is the time to surprise her with one. She and her skin will thank you.
2. Beats Wireless Headphones in Rose Gold ($299) – Whether mom is an occasional listener or an avid one, Beats is the perfect gift for listening to music or watching a favorite show on an electronic device. The cushioned ear cuffs provide plenty of comfort and the rose gold color adds style.
3. Lightweight Scarf from French Connection ($58) – Mom can layer in style this spring with this pretty, striped scarf.
4. S’well Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle ($35) – Whether mom’s a water drinker or a coffee drinker, the S’well will come in handy. It’s designed to keep beverages cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this gift.
5. Gift Box of 12 Assorted French Macarons ($30) – Surprise mom with a box of delicious and decadent French macrons instead of chocolates this Mother’s Day.
6. Jo Malone Peony & Blush Candle ($85) – You can never go wrong with a candle. Whether mom needs to unwind or to be uplifted, this luxurious candle has to the power to do both.
7. KitchenAid Stand Mixer ($630) – If mom is a foodie, then this is the gift for her. It’s a splurge, but it’s the perfect gift to give from a group of siblings. Ask everyone to pitch in, and ask mom to bake you something special!
8. Longchamp Medium Shoulder Tote ($125) – Longchamp’s signature tote bag will give mom an air of French style while providing functionality in a roomy tote designed to hold all of her essentials and then some.
9. Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader ($120) – If mom still hasn’t made the switch from traditional books to an e-reader, now is the time to help her do it. The Paperwhite is available in white (shown) or black and features built-in adjustable to allow for reading in the daytime or at night.