This is a big challenge! I need swimsuit advice. I try to stay fit, but at 48, my abs are not as flat as I would like to be rocking a two piece. What are your suggestions on looking sexy but age appropriate at the pool or beach? Also, I will need to be looking good for a business trip to a beach resort that makes it extra difficult.
Thanks, Ellen- Nashville, TN
The word “swimsuit” to almost anyone over the age of 25, and definitely over 40, can send chills up the spine! However, I like your “rock” attitude and think I can help!
Can you be sexy when you’re over 40…you bet! You just have to know the right tricks!
Firstly, there are no rules about how old you must be to wear a two piece; you just have to have to be on the thin side…
However, to be honest, most women on the back side of 40 are starting to look better in a one piece. Never fear.. you can still look sexy!!
- Show off those legs with a high cut suit
- If your legs are not looking so great either, you can always show a bit of a cleavage!
- Go for a suit that has a medium-large pattern. This confuses the eye and can hide bulges!
- You can’t go wrong with an all dark suit like black, navy or chocolate brown!
- In a business setting, you’ll want to cover up in style. A lightweight long sleeve beach cover up is a great option for poolside meetings. Or why not try a beach cover up skirt for coverage on your lower half while you show a bit of a cleavage!