I love your site. It has become a favorite! I am 52 and recently lost 30 pounds. Both my kids will be in High School, and I feel like I’m starting life over.
I recently bought a pair of wedge snakeskin sandals, but every time I put them on I feel like “I’m trying too hard”. I’m pairing them with a semi-fitted t- shirt with ruching and straight leg jeans (which I’ve never worn in public for the same reason) or a cuffed Capri Jean. Please help me. What do you think?
Thanks so much! Diana
Congratulations on your weight loss! How exciting to be starting this chapter of your life with confidence and a new body! I often hear from women who’ve lost weight that they’re confused about how to dress their new figure. The good news is, I think you are right on track!
The shoes sound wonderful.
- What a great way to introduce the snakeskin trend into your wardrobe in a classy, subtle way.
- This shoe is current and chic, so don’t be afraid of it.
- The wedge will give you a little height, but they will still be comfortable.
- These shoes will make your outfit a little more dressy, so you will need to pull the look together with a little jacket and chunky necklace.
If you want more of a casual look:
- Just wear a t-shirt and jeans
- Wear a snakeskin ballet flat
- No jewelry is necessary
I hope that help. Enjoy!