A Safari dress is a classic summer staple, and if you are like me, you’ve probably owned at least one in your life. How do you take something so basic and practical and make it look modern? Here are a few ideas for how to style safari dresses in 2016.
Shop this look by clicking below:
If a safari dress you like is too short:
- wear it with black leggings.
What Shoes to Wear with a Safari Dress?
- A natural wedge or flatform in rope or cork is a natural fit for Safari Style
- Strappy sandals with chunky high heels work with the safari vibe
- Gladiator sandals ( tall are newest) in brown, tan or gold are perfect too.
Shop this safari dress look:
The Best Jewelry for a Safari Dress
- Statement necklaces that look tribal – big stones, rough metallic finish
- Dangly earrings with rough, imperfect colored beads and hammered metals
- Chunky and ethnic style metal cuffs and rope bracelets
The Bag for a Safari Dress
- Nothing formal. Soft and slouchy is good or a casual, sporty tote
- A cross-shoulder strap bag like a messenger bag also works
- Leather or canvas looks right with this jungle adventure style
Dresses like these above are just one type of safari clothes for women. There are many more wardrobe pieces you can combine to create this look.
Do you like Safari dresses? Have you ever owned one? I have owned about 6 in my life – always a favorite!