Of course, they’re comfy, but socks and bulky sneakers worn with capris or any other type of cropped pants scream frump city! This is one summer style sin you do not want to commit.
So what shoes should you wear with summer capris and cropped trousers to look 100% more chic?
Stay away from ….
- running shoes
- sandals with wide, thick straps
- any heavy shoe that covers the top of your foot weighs you down and ruins the look.
Also avoid shoes that with are a big color contrast to your cropped pants
Go for one the newest style shoes……………
1. The Lace up Sandals :
These fall into the category of shoes that are:
- Open and airy up top and that show some skin. Since capris were designed to highlight your legs, shoes that cover the top of your foot will make your legs look short and stumpy.
- a nude color or the same color as your pants to elongate your legs
If you don’t like up lace-up then any flat sandal will work. Choose a simple t-strap or multiple straps, but make sure the sandal looks light and airy.
A classic pointy toe pump elevates the look of capris. See how this shoe on the left covers up the top of the foot and looks frumpy, while the shoe on the right opens up the foot and elongates the leg. Any open shoe is flattering. Here’s a rundown of the most popular styles of shoes to wear with capris.
Sexy stiletto sandals ( shown above) add a sexy touch if you wear them with capris.
shop this look:
3. Block Heels
Block heels are modern and give you some height, without the hurt.
Wedges give capris a sporty vibe. A flatform wedge has less of an incline, so it gives you both height and comfort. Wear a nude-colored shoe or one the same color as your capris if you want to look taller.
5. Ballet Flats or D’Orsay Flats