Of course they’re comfy, but socks and bulky sneakers worn with capris or any other type of cropped pants scream frump city! This is one summer style sin you definitely do not want to commit.
So what shoes should you wear with summer capris and cropped trousers to look 100% more chic?
Stay away from ….
- running shoes
- sandals with wide, thick straps
- any heavy shoe that covers the top of your foot, weighs you down and ruins the look.
Also avoid shoes that with are a big color contrast to your cropped pants
shoes that are
- open and airy up top and that show some skin. Since capris were designed to highlight your legs, shoes that cover the top of your foot will make your legs look short and stumpy.
- a nude color or the same color as your pants to elongate your legs
See how these shoes below reveal the top of the feet and make these capri pants look more chic than sneakers.
Here’s a rundown of the most popular styles of shoes to wear with capris.
1. Flat Sandals
Choose a simple t-strap or multiple strap, but make sure the sandal looks light and airy.
A classic pointy toe pump or peeptoe is one of the top choices because it always looks elegant. Round toe are not as flattering. Peeptoe pumps add a sexy touch if you wear them with capris.
3. Block Heels
Block heels are modern and give you some height, without the hurt.
Wedges give capris a sporty vibe. A flatform wedge has less of an incline, so it gives you both height and comfort. Wear a nude colored shoe or one the same color as your capris if you want to look taller.
5. Ballet Flats or D’Orsay Flats