We had so much fun the other night with our tele-seminar, How to Update Your Casual Style where we were playing around with different “style recipes” for dressing updated for fall. Many women fall off the style track when it comes to what they wear on the weekends. How many of us confuse being ”comfortable” and just don’t know how spice things up in a way that feels more stylish.
So, why not shift your focus from comfy,casual to pleasantly, stylish. That might mean trading in those white tennis shoes for some simple ballet flats or loafers. Now, for those living in a warmer climate when it is still fall can be a little more challenging. So today we are going to share our style recipe for dressing comfortable and casual.
In warmer climates you can still layer, but just use lighter weight fabrics:
There are lots of different brands of leggings which are thick tights and “jeggings” which are very tight stretchy jeans.
- You can wear flats or boots with your leggings
- No hose are needed under leggings if you are wearing flats
- Short booties or boots to the knee are another option
- Make sure your top is long enough to cover your hips and bottom
- If you do wear a belt, remember it will hike up your top, you will still need the top to cover your hip area
- Or you can wear a long sweater or jacket over your top for more coverage