Guess who’s Fabulous After 40?
The Wrap Dress just celebrated its 40th birthday. Diane Von Furstenberg created it in 1974 as an alternative to suits and it’s been a fashion favorite very since. Why? It defines the waist, lifts the bust and gives every woman a fantastic hourglass figure.
Here are some wonderful ways to wear a wrap dress:
1. If you are not planning to wear hose and want to keep things looking smooth, wear some shapewear like Spanx to eliminate any panty lines, bumps and bulges.
2. Some wrap dresses have a tendency to come open at the top. Make sure that you buy the correct size or wear a camisole underneath. I find that the non-lace ones look better with this tailored look.
3. If you are not that busty, this is a great time to have some fun with a pretty padded push up bra!
4. You can layer a cardigan or jacket over a wrap dress for a different look. I own 3 wrap dresses and think a wrap is the perfect dress for almost anything. You can wear a wrap to work, dress it up or down with accessories and also wear one out on a date. It’s very versatile and always looks great. Plus, it travels like a dream. It’s lightweight you can throw it in your bag and it’s always so comfy because it’s made of its soft jersey silk fabric.
More Way to wear a Wrap Dress
5. Shoes? A heel looks best. The formality of the print and the size of print will dictate the thickness of the heel. The wilder the print, the chunkier you can go with the heel . That means you can do anything from a more delicate heel to a wedge.
6. Wrap dresses look wonderful with jewelry. A long necklace or short one works. Bracelets or cuffs look especially great on 3/4 length sleeve wrap dresses.
This is the dress for women who want to look alluring and classy. Even if you carry a few extra pounds, the wrap is figure flattering. The way it drapes will make you look sculpted and 10 pounds lighter.