There are no rules in rules in fashion and many say there are no rules about age appropriateness but I think when it comes looking mature and sophisticated you want to go for a leather jacket that’s really classy. A lot of the rougher, sportier leather jackets look worn and tough, and make you look worn and severe as you age.
This is a beautiful jacket for a number of reasons:
- It’s thin, sleek and lightweight which makes it rich and elegant looking. You can tell it is excellent quality.
- It’s got great shape. The strong shoulder will give your body definition- something we all need more of over 40 and it nips in at the waist which is very feminine and flattering.
- It also has great style. It’s not your typical leather bomber jacket. It’s different the way it cascades forward and has a gorgeous relaxed collar.
- It doesn’t have a lot of embellishment. In fact this has none. I find some leather with too many belts, buckles studs are too much. A touch of hardware can be nice but too much looks tacky.
- I really like the way the stylist has paired the black jacket with this stunning Monaco blue dress. This a popular color combination at the moment and a smart way to wear a black leather jacket when you are older. The blue really breaks up all the dark leather around your face which really can drain you at 40, 50 and beyond.
Are you starting to understand the kind of leather jacket I think looks really fab? Here are a few examples I picked out you can pick up for yourself. All these get my Glam Gal seal of approval. Cheers!