If you like getting together with your girlfriends, you know much fun it can be, and how important it is to wear something cute!
Whether you all go out to dinner, to the movies or you just have everyone bring appetizers and hang out at your house, things are usually pretty casual.
What do you wear to look pulled together and not overdone on a Girls’ Night Out? Here are a couple of ideas.
FOR A DRESSY GNO
- Start with a fresh pair of dark wash flared jeans. Skinny jeans are all the rage, but most of us over 40 gals need to balance out our bodies. A boot cut or slightly flared pant will do that.
- Make your top the star of the show. You want your top to be the focus so go with an interesting fabric, color or shiny fabric.
- Don’t tuck in! Unless you are a “pear shape” with a super flat tummy, most of us over 40 fashionistas will look best if we keep our tops out. You can add a thin or thick belt if you think it will flatter your figure. If not, do without!
- Try a wrap dress for a dressier occasion. Not all GNOs are casual. A wrap dress will fit the occasion and keep you comfortable.
- Don’t over do the accessories. Too much bling and you look overdone for a casual get together.
- Get out a pair of sexy heels and strut your stuff. You go girl. Bring out the heels, booties and have some fun! If you have foot problems, then a pair of wedges are a good compromise. You’ll probably be sitting and chatting all night anyway. Just remember, the shoes can make or break the outfit!
- Switch out your everyday purse for a clutch. Let this be your excuse to take out one of those cute clutches you probably have tucked away at the back of your closet. Leave your everyday bag at home. You don’t need to lug all that stuff around. Just grab your cell phone, a tube of lipstick and your wallet and toss them into your cute clutch.