If you like getting together with your girlfriends, you know much fun and relaxing it can be… and how important it is to wear something cute, casual and a little bit sexy!
Whether you all go out to dinner, the movies, or just hanging with at your BFF’s over a bottle of wine and appetizers, you want to look good and feel party ready. How should you dress to look pulled together but not overdone on a Girls’ Night Out? Here are some tips.
1. Start with a fresh pair of dark wash jeans. Skinny jeans are fab but if you want to balance a bigger bottom half try a boot cut or slightly flared pant. Dark jeans are dressier than faded ones, and more slimming too.
2. Make your top the star of the show. If your bottoms are plain your top should be the star of the show. Go for an interesting fabric, color or shiny fabric.
3. Don’t tuck in! Unless you are a “pear shape” with a super flat tummy, most of us over 40 fashionistas will look best if we keep our tops out. You can add a thin or thick belt if you think it will flatter your figure. If not, do without!
4. For a Dressy GNO Try a wrap dress. Not all GNO’ are casual. A wrap dress is super feminine and very comfy.
5. For an edgy party look wear leather pants and a long tunic blouse with black booties.
6. Wear Jewelry and Acessories. These will glam up your look, but don’t over do it. Too much bling and you look overdone for a casual get together.
7. Get out a pair of sexy heels and strut your stuff. You go girl. Bring out the heels, booties and have some fun! If you have foot problems, then a pair of wedges are a good compromise. You’ll probably be sitting and chatting all night anyway. Just remember, the shoes can make or break the outfit!
8. Switch out your everyday purse for a clutch. Let this be your excuse to take out one of those cute clutches you probably have tucked away at the back of your closet. Leave your everyday bag at home. You don’t need to lug all that stuff around. Just grab your cell phone, a tube of lipstick and your wallet and toss them into your cute clutch.