Are you planning a tropical vacation on a cruise or to the beach?
Ahh, you lucky thing… just the thought of it makes us feel tingly and giddy! This will be your chance to get away from it all and rejuvenate. But then comes the age old dilemma: What to pack?
Deborah and I both love to travel and make it a habit to call each other when we are planning for a trip. We enjoy batting around ideas of what are the must haves to take or purchase. When it comes to traveling to a warm climate of course you want to only take things you will wear and feel comfortable in, but don’t just throw in your same old “uniform” of shorts and t-shirts.
Here is a great example of what to bring and what to leave at home:
- A maxi dress: This is one trend that we just adore! How wonderful that you can pack a long dress and wear it from the pool and then out to dinner and feel feminine and fabulous! They can be very reasonable and so you can splurge on several for variety. Depending on how dressy you want to be you can wear a simple flat sandal or dress it up with some chunky jewelry and pretty wedges. Make sure you balance out the look with a large straw hat and not a skimpy baseball cap!
- Oversized sunglasses: Here is one item that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on. Leave your expensive glasses at home and just take along an inexpensive pair of updated large shades. That way if they get scratched or lost it won’t ruin your good mood!
- Colorful but simple tote: This fuchsia tote is just the pop of color you need to take your outfit to the next level. Don’t be tempted to buy one with cute starfish or flowers… you want your look to say “classy.” This large bag will hold everything you need and is lightweight.
- Costume Jewelry: Let your sandals set the tone for what type of jewelry you wear. In this photo the bright gold sandals with the gold baubles are chic and sleek. This long necklace could be described the same way and therefore works well!
- Pretty metallic sandals: Sure rubber flip flops are a must for traipsing to the beach but if you are going out shopping or to dinner you can dress up your look with a fancy flat. We’ve seen super sparkly to simple straps. Either way, they will up your star power and have you looking fabulous!