I have a dog and spend a lot of time walking him around the neighborhood. What can I wear besides trainers and old tees for these activities? I’m in my late 40s and I don’t want to look sloppy. Thanks! Linda V. ~
We think your question is a great one because having a good casual “uniform” is something we highly recommend. Whenever you’re leaving the house, you never know who you might run into and of course it is a confidence booster when you know you can slip on something that is both comfortable and classy.
Here is our style recipe for a good “walking the dog” outfit:
- What are you going to put on your tootsies? We suggest the first ingredient to your style recipe should be a good pair of tall boots. Tennis shoes are great if you are going on long hikes but if you are just going around the block and want to look nice, a pair of boots will certainly “up” your style factor! You never know who you might run into, so why not look fashionable?
- Looking chic on the street. Next item to add is a pair of dark wash straight leg stretch jeans. Oh, how we love stretch jeans! They are comfy and look great tucked into a boot. You can choose any color or even patterned ones just to be different.
- Crazy for color! Anytime you wear color up by your face, it will put you in a good mood. Just try it and see! While orange does not look good on everyone, you can still try different shades of pink or purple and get the same effect.
- Surprise yourself, try a scarf! If you are one of those gals that own a few scarves but never wears them…then we encourage you to get them out and start wrapping yourself up in one, asap!
- Coat Appeal: Casual and confident. Is your dog-walking outerwear looking shabby and outdated? It might be time for an update! Today’s trends tend to be classic like this double breasted trench. Once again, finding a jacket in something a little different than boring black or grey can instantly perk up your look!