A beautiful pair of crisp white pants is the perfect pairing on bottom for this season’s bright colors and terrific patterns on top. White pants look clean and smart. A few things to remember when buying a pair that suits you:
1. Don’t spend a lot of money on white pants unless you plan to wear them a lot this summer. White pants do yellow and so one or two seasons and you’ll want to replace them.
2. Be careful what you wear underneath your white pants. Nude colored panties are better than white or dark panties because they will not show.
3. Also, be sure your pocket lining doesn’t show through your pants. We suggest you cut out the pockets. Do you really use pant pockets anyway?
4. Will white pants make you look bigger? Wear shades of white head to toe (monchromatic dressing) and you will actually look slim.
5. Wear white on your bottom and a darker color up top can make you look bigger, if you are much bigger on the bottom to begin with.
6. The secret if you have big hips, tummy or thighs and want to wear white pants is to find a top to tuck out- one that flows gently over your trouble spot whatever that may be, like the red tunic top above.
7. Finally, a white or nude sandal will help elongate your white pant line and make you look taller and slimmer too.