I’m not an enthusiastic shopper, and I’m a stay-at-home mom and wife to a pastor, so–I like to wear conservative, inexpensive, stylish clothes. Quite a challenge! I often put on my clothes and realize they look old, or make ME look old! I’m petite, too, so it’s even harder to find great clothes at a great price. How can I find great clothes without spending much money or time? Thanks for what you do.
I feel strongly that women have years of being “brainwashed” to think that to save money, you need to buy inexpensive clothes when in reality, we need to train ourselves to shop a lot smarter and with a strategy in mind. Here’s how:
1) Know what colors look best on you and stick with a narrow palate that will all mix and match.
2) Don’t buy in quantity. Buy classic quality (this will work well for you since you want to look more conservative)
3) Try shopping at consignment stores for brand names that are higher quality
4) Don’t be afraid to have things tailored. Fit is so important to look great!
5) Be super picky before purchasing an item. If you always buy things you “sort of like” and don’t LOVE, you will never feel satisfied or fabulous in your clothes.
These are just a few tips for you; however, because that is such a challenge for so many women, I wrote an excellent e-book on looking great for less-called.
Chic on the Cheap! It has more tips and tricks like these with pictures to show you how to save lots of money, and you can even download it right now!