Just imagine, you’re filled with excitement of the news that your son or daughter is going to be married…but then panic sets in when you think, “Oh, what am I going to wear?”
Of course that is a huge issue and we know how stressful the entire process can be when wanting to look your best for this life changing event! So today we are going to break it down and just talk about the shoes.
You can find the most gorgeous dress but if the shoes don’t complement it, you can really ruin the entire outfit.
Here are some tips we got from Sissy Harris, owner of one of our favorite shoe stores, Peter Kate Shoes. Make sure to check out their website for shoes and accessories. They make shopping easy since their store is well edited and full of beautiful things. You just can’t go wrong or make a mistake at this online shop!
Some things to remember when shopping for Mother of the bride or groom shoes that you might not have known:
- A wedding is going be a long day so your choice of shoe is important.
- Your shoes should have some padding in them so they are comfortable.
- The heel height should not exceed 4 inches.
- Consider taking your shoes to have some rubber put on the soles. This will prevent slipping and keep your shoes from being scuffed.
- You might want to have a second pair on hand, with a lower heel, ready to slip on after walking down the isle and the photos are done.
- Take the time to walk around the house in your shoes before the big day to break them in a bit.
- If you are going to wear hose don’t wear “mules” or shoes that are backless.
- Your shoes do not have to be the exact color of your dress, that can look dated.
- The weight of the shoe should echo the weight of the fabric. If it is a winter wedding and the dress is heavier a closed toe shoe will be best. In the warmer months a sandal or peep toe will do.
- Make sure your shoe is either nude or metallic if you are wearing a colorful dress.
- If you are wearing black, a simple black shoe will look best.
For more in-depth tips like these check out my popular e-book, How to Dress the Mother of the Bride or Groom.
This book will take you step by step in helping you find a dress. These tips will make shopping stress-free so you can feel confident that you will look radiant on the big day. The choices can seem overwhelming but this e-book is chock full of tips and tools that will direct you to the perfect style for your body type and personality.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.