If you’ve seen my Fabulous After 40 Styleblazer series, you know I interview 40+ bloggers about their style. But I also love to see what my readers are wearing too. So I did a shout out inviting my newsletter subscribers to send in their photos and here’s what came in.
Meet the real Style Stars of Fabulous After 40 – MY LOYAL READERS!
1. Mary is a style blogger and Instagrammer who loves this long maxi skirt for its versatility. She says it’s so cool and flowy and perfect when you want to switch out the top to change up the look for any occasion. You can follow Mary on Instagram at @Curlybyrdie.
2. An easy, breezy dress for summer is a must! Ronna, 55, gets her look just right with this favorite outfit for summer: a cotton dress with a fun print and pair of comfortable sandals. The setting for this photo, the Memphis Botanical Garden, makes a beautiful backdrop for Ronna’s pretty dress.
3. Sarah who is from Ottawa proves that black and white is anything but boring. On a recent trip to Boston, she paired a cute halter-style white top with a pair of black pants and heels. To add a pop of color, Sarah accessorized with a coral sweater. The Boston Harbor in the background is the icing on the cake!
4. Carolyn, 75, looks lovely, cool and summery, and I especially like the cold shoulder top on her. Since Carolyn lives in Florida, she likes to choose breathable fabrics such as light, gauzy fabrics. Carolyn recently shed 25 pounds, and she looks fantastic!
5. Carina is a loyal reader of Fabulous After 40 and an avid photographer. She is inspired by looks that float between being casual, cool, comfortable and street chic, effortless. This off-the-shoulder dress definitely fits that those categories. Don’t miss Carina’s feature as a Fabulous After 40 Styleblazer.
6. Sometimes fashion can be about stepping out of your comfort zone. Reader Bernadette who is 52 recently wore a sleeveless top on an extremely hot day in the Bahamas. Bernadette shared that she rarely wears sleeveless without soem sort of coverup but gave it a try. I’m so glad she did because she looks fabulous!
1) Diane enjoys relaxing on her deck in beautiful, sunny Florida. Here Diane who is 65 years old wears white pants paired with a chambray off-the-shoulder top which she has accented with a fun belt. Diane finishes off her summery outfit with a blue suede block heel sandals. Diane, you are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your fabulous style with us. For more stylish ways to wear white pants, click here.
2) Julissa, 52, says she wears many hats as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, grandmother, friend, athlete, and coach. So it only makes sense that her personal style would reflect the many hats she wears. Although her day to day outfits change, you can bet she is always wearing a hat of some sort!
3) Stephanie loves looking put together and feeling great in an outfit. She chose this dress for a wedding because she loved the simplicity of this of it, yet it has fun details that keep it from being matronly. Her shoes are the real statement piece, and let’s not forget Stephanie’s sassy, chic hairstyle. Don’t miss these summer dresses that will make you look modern and on trend.
4) Heather, who is a Canadian reader of Fabulous After 40, looks fresh in a colorful floral skirt. A crisp, sleeveless white button down shirt, a red statement necklace, and a pair of fabulous navy patent leather Mary Janes finish off Heather’s outfit. What a pretty way to welcome the spring flowers, Heather.
5) On a recent trip to Walt Disney World’s Epcot, reader Kim opted for a pair of comfortable walking sandals for her visit to the theme park. Walking sandals are a chic alternative to clunky sneakers, and Kim definitely made the stylish choice with a pair of metallic sandals.
6) Charlotte knows how to add zing to a neutral outfit. Over the Memorial Day weekend, she accessorized light gray denim and a feminine blouse with white sandals and a multi-colored striped satchel.
Want to see more. Here are some readers we profiled a while back…
1) Barbara is a 73-year-old artist from Arizona who is “doing her best to stay fabulous.” Here she is posing with a few of her paintings. Barbara says, ” I want to be great looking but age appropriate. Women stop me to tell me they like my outfits…the young girls even seem to admire the way I dress and tell me so.”
2) Fabulous After 40 reader Risa sent in a picture of her friend Carla who, she describes as, “always stylish, trendy, yet still elegant at 70+ years. She looks even better in person!”
3) Emily, age 49, took this photo of herself in a fun maxi dress while on vacation last month at Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic.
4) Loyal reader Carina describes this pretty dress as the perfect outfit for either spring or summer. She was attracted to the floral print and romantic bell-shaped sleeves.
5) Linda shared a picture with us from a class reunion. After a long search for a figure-flattering sheath with sleeves and longer length, she finally found this one that she wore with a black coral necklace and drop earrings.
6) Melissa, 52, attended her 35th high school reunion. She tells me she used several tips from Fabulous After 40, especially the ones about hair and the accessories to create her look. She wore a sheath dress that she “had forever, but still fit really well.” Then she added some silver/turquoise accessories to dress it up. The dress hit right above the knee, and Melissa wore black open toe wedges with about a 2-inch heel. In Melissa’s words, “I felt fabulous and not frumpy!”
Great to hear from you ladies. Subscribers to my newsletter are welcome to send in a photo and possibly be featured. Photo must be good quality- not blurry or dark! You may be my next reader who I make a Style Star! Keep those style photos coming and please let me know what topics you’d like me to write more about. Cheers! Deborah
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.