It was Cinderella time last night for the actresses in Hollywood. Getting the chance to pull out all the stops and dress up head to toe in designer gowns and jewels. When it comes to special event dressing, we can all learn a lot from looking at what when right and what went wrong with the lovely ladies that grace the red carpet during this year’s Academy Awards Show.
Unless you are a movie star or jet setter, many of us will only have a few times in our lives to look and feel like a princess. When that day comes you will want to be ready!
It’s not an easy task, getting all the little details just right to make sure that when you appear at your event, you are looking picture perfect!
Whether young or mature, let’s take a look at last night’s best dressed and see what tips and tricks they used to make our jaws drop!
Our Pick for Best Dressed:
Mila Jovovich in Elie Saab Couture. This one shoulder style is updated with just the right amount of sparkle and draping! Notice she kept her accessories simple (no need for a necklace).
- Don’t overdo the dress.Keep it simple and elegant.
- Fit is key. Make sure your gown draws the eye up to your face rather than to some detail on the dress.
- Stay away from certain colors. As you know, black can be too harsh and green can make you look sickly!
- Keep the accessories to a minimum. You need to be the one that shines. Don’t count on all the do-dads to do that for you.
- Anyone, any size, any age, can look Age-mazing™! It just takes doing some homework and knowing what to look for!
If you like these tips and have an important event coming up, pick up a copy of our e-book, Tweak Your Chic~ How to Dress The Mother of the Bride!
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.