After being cooped up for months, we need a little joy and renewal, and that is exactly what this year’s Spring Colors promise. Pantone, the world forecaster of fashion colors, predicts these top ten hues will be everywhere. They’re bright, they’re bold, uplifting, and they offer hope.
“Infused with a genuine authenticity that continues to be increasingly important, colors for Spring/Summer 2021 combine a level of comfort and relaxation with sparks of energy that encourage and uplift our moods,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.
You know me, I love Spring colors, and these are some of the prettiest we’ve seen. This grouping reminds me of a basket of easter eggs: the yellow, the blues, the purple. Then there’s rust thrown in there for a modern twist.
But the most popular way to wear them is with this season’s neutrals, including Inkwell (blackened blue ), Ultimate Gray, Buttercream, Desert Mist ( like powdery sand), Willow.
Here’s a closer look at the To 10 Spring colors and some cheery pieces that are already arriving in stores. Talk about exciting!
1. Marigold: A comforting golden orange infused with yellow
2. Cerulean – Sky blue on clear, serene day
3. Rust – Earthy spring brown. A surprise for Spring.
4. Illuminating – Sunny, optimistic yellow
5. French Blue – a stirring blue which reminds you of Paris in the Springtime
6. Green Ash – pale green, cooling, soothing, reliable
7. Burnt Coral – Lively, friendly and inviting
8. Mint – refreshing and tasty
9. Amethyst Orchid – Like an orchid, it adds a unique touch
10. Raspberry Sorbet -Also being called Bubblegum Pink, Tantalizing