Have you been thinking about going gray but just haven’t had the nerve? Here are eight fabulous women who summoned up the courage and went for it. Check out these silver foxes and pick up a few tips on keeping your silver streaks stunning!
Short spikey gray hair can look super chic. Doesn’t this glam gal look radiant in this cute pixie cut that shows off her pretty face? I Love the natural look and those fab nails.
@simone_ I_ Jacob
Simone’s swingy hairstyle and her gorgeous smile make it look as though going gray look is easy. Nude lips glow, and defined brows prevent her eyes from fading out.
Valerie from the UK has hair as white as snow, and she plays it up in a pair of hot pink pants. Her lipstick is fresh and clean, and her whole look is soft and gentle.
Caroline’s gorgeous mane of silver tresses frames her lovely face. Who said you couldn’t have long gray hair at any age?
Nikol looks sensational in this blunt bob that beautifully frames those big soft eyes. Big, bold brows define the look.
Silvina is wild about her curly locks and looks like a gorgeous free spirit in this stunning cut. I love the artsy eye makeup that shows her creative side.
Helen looks chic in this mod, geometric bob that is upscale and classy. Her pop of pink lipstick looks fresh and youthful, worn with her silver hair.
One bold silver streak frames this gal’s face and adds creativity and excitement.
All these women prove that silver hair is sexy, especially when you get a good cut and pay attention to grooming. Going gray gracefully can often mean more maintenance. That’s because gray hair is naturally dull, dry, and coarse, so you must use clarifying shampoos and deep conditioners to keep it looking soft and shiny. And since your hair becomes such a central focal point, you must keep it crisp, trimmed, and neat at all times.
It’s also worthwhile to devote a little extra time and attention to your makeup. Fashion journalist Lauren Ezersky warns, ” Gray hair can look shaggy if you don’t wear makeup and look put together.”
Here are a few makeup tips for those of you who have decided to join the “Silver Foxes” Club:
- Start with a sheer to medium foundation and a dab of powder. Just as your hair grays, so does your skin. It becomes pale, spotty, and uneven, so you need a foundation to create a smooth base.
- An excellent under-eye concealer is a must for women with gray hair.
- Make sure eyebrows are well-defined with a light pencil. Don’t use black. It’s too harsh.
- Keep blush very soft and subtle. Just a sweep of color; otherwise, you’ll look old and stiff.
- Lipstick is key to adding life to your face. The best shades are soft pinks, roses, and peaches. Stay away from anything that screams bright or anything too dark.
- Also, avoid brown/neutral shades that are too dull and muddy.
- Eyeshadow -I love makeup artist Bobbi Brown’s advice on this. She says: “I recommend grays, slates, and white for the eyes, which offer a sleek and sexy look without too much drama.” I’ve found that soft pink can also work well with gray eyeshadow.
I also found a great book you should check out called Going Gray Looking Great. It covers everything to do with style and beauty for gray-haired women.
It’s a challenge going gray, but the results can be stunning!