Just because you dared to go gray and are now au naturel, it doesn’t mean you are off the hook maintaining a stylish appearance.
Graying gracefully can often mean more work. Gray hair is naturally dull, dry and coarse, so you really need to use clarifying shampoos and deep conditioners to keep it looking soft and shiny. And since your hair becomes such a major focal point, you need to keep it crisp and trimmed, and neat at all times.
It’s also worthwhile to devote a little extra time and attention to your make-up. Fashion journalist, Laurn Ezersky warns, ” Gray hair can look haggy if you don’t wear makeup and look put together.” Here’s 8 women who pulled it off and look foxy and fabulous with their new found silver streaks.
Doesn’t this glam gal look positively radiant in this chic, short cut that shows off her pretty face? Love the natural look and those fab nails.
@simone_ i_ jacob
Simone’s swing hairstyle and her gorgeous smile making going gray look so easy. Nude lips give a glow, and defined brows prevent her eyes from fading out.
Valerie from the UK has hair is as white as snow, and she plays it up in a pair of hot pink pants. Her lipstick is fresh and clean, and her whole look soft and gentle.
Caroline’s gorgeous mane of hair frames her lovely face. Again, less is more.
Nikol looks sensational in this blunt bob that beautifully frames those big soft eyes. Big, bold brows define the look.
Silvina is wild about her curly locks and looks like a gorgeous free spirit in this stunning cut. Love the artsy eye make-up that shows her creative side.
Helen looks chic in this mod, geometric bob that is upscale and classy. Her pop of pink lipstick looks so lovely against the silver hair.
These women prove that silver hair is sexy especially when you get a good cut and pay attention to grooming.
Here are a few makeup tips for those of you who have decided to join the “Silver Foxes” Club:
- Start with a sheer to medium foundation and a dab of powder. As your hair grays so does your skin. It becomes pale, spotty and uneven, so you need foundation to create a smooth base.
- A good under eye concealer is a must for women with gray hair.
- Make sure eyebrows are well-defined with a light pencil. Don’t use black. It’s too harsh.
- Keep blush very soft and subtle. Just a sweep of color, otherwise you’ll look old and hard.
- Lipstick is key to adding life to your face. The best shades are soft pinks, roses, and peaches. Stay away from anything that screams bright, or anything that is too dark.
- Also, avoid brown/neutral shades which are too dull and muddy.
- Eyeshadow -I love make-up artist Bobbi Brown’s advice on this. She says: “I recommend grays, slates, and white for the eyes, which offer a sleek and sexy look without too much drama.” I’ve found that very soft pink can also work well with gray eyeshadow.
I also found a great book you should check out called Going Gray Looking Great. It covers everything to do with style and beauty for gray-haired women.
It isn’t easy going gray, but the results can be stunning!
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.