Dressing in white from head to toe is a favorite with the rich and famous, for good reason. White reflects light and makes you look fresh, youthful and glamorous. Here’s How to Wear White Right.
1. Choose Your Best White – If you think you look horrible in white you have probably been wearing the wrong shade of white. Some whites are more icy and cool. They look best on women who have pink undertones and ashy hair. Other whites have a tinge of yellow that make them slightly warmer. They suit women with peachy complexions who have golden tones in their hair. You need to find the one right for you.
2. Don’t Try to Match Whites – If you purchased a matching suit in white, great, but don’t ever try to match up two different white pieces of clothing made from the same material, or you will always look mismatched.
Instead try a deliberate tone on tone look. Select a few white pieces in varying white tones and textures and layer them together. The result will be a more subtle monochromatic look look that is classy and understated.
3. Check Your Undergarments – You’d never see a celebrity wearing white pants with her underwear showing through (unless it was Madonna!) Wear a skin tone bra, not white, which will show through.
4. Go easy on Fit – Tight white pants show every lump and bump and then some. When in doubt, go up a size.
5. Stay Away from White Accessories – An all-white outfit paired with white shoes, a white handbag or white hose is far too sterile to be chic. White looks rich paired with shoes accessories that are nude colored , metallic, or made or cork or wood. A single brightly colored or print accessory can add a touch of fun to serious all white.