So here we are again… summer is over and Labor Day has come and gone. Have you put away all your white pants, skirts and jackets yet, or can you wear white pants after labor day, for example?
The answer is it depends on where you live. There is a strong rule we have all grown up with, “No white after Labor Day“… but rules are made to be broken! Here my take on it:
- If you live in Florida, Southern California or tropical country or climate, you are good to keep wearing white!
- If you live on the Upper East Coast, Mid-West, or any area with a colder climate, you need to put your white away.
- White t-shirts are great all year long! Check out my post how to transition your white clothes into fall to see what I mean.
- If you are in doubt, don’t wear it.
- Winter white, or cream in a wool or corduroy fabric is super chic for fall.ex: A winter white wool coat with black accessories.
The bottom line is if you have to try to “make it work”, it is probably better just to put white away until it gets warmer!
That being said, there are ways to transition some of your other summer pants ( not necessarily white) into fall. I love this idea from The Style Bakery site! You could easily wear short booties or low boots with this look too!
What are your feelings on this? Please comment below!