I recently posted some amazing before and after photos of several “average” looking women who in 12 short hours turned into eye-popping goddesses!
With that, several of you commented that some of the women wore glasses in their “before” photos and then had them off in the after!
Well, one of the reasons that none of the women were wearing eyeglasses in the “after” is that they all had on evening gowns.
Let’s face it, wearing your everyday glasses with a formal gown in not an easy look to pull off, unless you’re Sophia Lauren!
However, you can still be fabulous with glasses on a daily basis.
Here are my tips on this eye-popping subject!
1) If you wear glasses on a daily basis, make sure you have a pair that is updated and looks good with your style of dressing.
2) Decide if you want your glasses to be a fashion statement or not.
Rimless glasses are a conservative choice and literally “disappear”. Sarah Palin is a good example of how to wear this style of eyeglasses.
3) If you are going to a formal event and have to wear your glasses, make sure to pick a dress that will be simple and not compete with your glasses.
4) If you have had your glasses for over 2 to 3 years, you should think about updating them.
5) Glasses can be a way to express your creativity. If you are ready for a new pair, why not go out on a limb and try something that is colorful or a new style.
6) Know your face shape. Try on frames that will contrast with your face shape to balance you out. (e.g. If you have a long face, a more rounded frame will be best for you)
Just because you wear glasses does not mean that you can’t look chic or stylish. Just make sure that you have an entire look that is harmonious and that fits your lifestyle!
With updated hair, makeup and clothes, wearing glasses can be festive and fabulous!