Hi Deborah! LOVE your website!
I found a fake leather bomber jacket in the junior’s department this weekend. I’m a stay-at-home mom in my 40’s and was thinking it could be cute to wear with jeans and a t-shirt. It’s just a basic black, no trendy embellishments like zippers or studs. But still, am I kidding myself? Should a woman of my age be wearing anything from the junior’s department and/or FAKE leather? I can afford the real thing but just can’t find one at the moment so I snatched up the kiddy-version.
I usually wear it when I go shopping. Should I be embarrassed to wear this in public?
Thanks so much! Kathy M.
Bomber jackets are really popular this fall fashion season. We have seen them in all of the magazines and on the street so you are on target with your sense of what’s in style. If you really can afford a better quality one we think you might want to be patient and wait for more stock to arrive. It seems the stores are late in getting in their coats this year.
As a rule I usually do NOT recommend for over 40 gals to be shopping in the Junior department for several reasons:
- The junior department clothes are made for young girls and might not be age-appropriate
- The quality of the clothes can be poor
- The cut of the clothes are ment for a younger body type
- Does it fit you properly?
- Is the faux leather looking fake?
- Have you shopped around to other stores and in the women’s department?
- Do you love and adore it?