When you invest in a nice dress, you want to get your money’s worth. So how do you take a dress that you’ve worn all spring and summer, and make it work in Autumn?
It’s as simple as changing your accessories! Here’s how to layer on everything you need for a new fall look.
Summer-In spring and summer, a simple pink fit and flare dress looks stylish and ladylike paired with a light-colored bag, sophisticated open toe sandals, and sunny gold and white jewelry.
Fall-When the temperature drops, it’s time to move into this look into the gray zone. Simply:
- Add a gray jacket
- Switch a cream/white bag and shoes for gray tote
- Substitute open-toe sandals for open-toe, suede booties.
- Switch to cool jewelry to complement the gray
Summer- A light chambray shirtdress worn above the knee with flat sandals and breezy jewelry is carefree and summery.
Fall – As the leaves turn transform this dress look into a legging look. To do this:
- Wear opaque black leggings under your shirt dress
- Swap flat sandals for closed-toe booties
- Tone down the light blue by mixing in fall-colored accessories like black and olive green
- Throw on a scarf
Yes, it’s that easy. Please check out these other great outfits that transition from summer to fall. I have 10 great tips on how to create a transitional fall wardrobe. Looking for other ways to stretch your fashion dollar? Pick up a copy of Chic on the Cheap, my popular eBook that shows you how to have a great wardrobe on a budget.