Dear Glam Gals,
I wonder if you have any ideas about how to stretch the wear for this dress into autumn/winter? I have a short black sweater, but am not sure what to do about shoes and hose. What else I could wear besides the little black sweater? I also wonder about wearing a chunky necklace, perhaps?
I’m open to any and all suggestions!
Thanks, Wanda Jolleymore
Always great to hear from you! Yes, there are a few ideas that you can try with this pretty sundress. Instead of using a black cardigan, why not try a pullover sweater. This will instantly transform your dress into a skirt! Now, that you have some weight at the top of your outfit you will want to balance out the bottom half, by adding a simple leather boot.
TIP: Make sure that the dress you start off with should be a thin stretchy fabric and not have to much fullness or pleating.
Here is how to transform your summer dress into a new fall outfit:
- Start with a long pullover sweater or turtleneck. You would want the fabric to be on the thin side and a little oversized so that it’s not too tight.
- Keep all the fabrics smooth, don’t try to mix in a textured sweater, it just won’t look right.
- Once you pull this over your head, your dress is now a skirt!
- Then add some opaque tights.
- Throw on a pair of tall, leather boots.
- Add a scarf or a chunky necklace …
- A loose jacket will finish off your look and you will now have a “new” fall outfit!
1) Black 3/4 sleeve scoop neck top, that I put UNDER the dress