The Internet is BUZZING about The Nordstrom 2020 Anniversary Sale! Maybe you’ve heard about this annual sale that everyone goes nuts for? Perhaps you’ve even shopped it, or maybe you’ve been so darned confused about it that you’ve ignored until now? Let me try to simplify.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the BIGGEST sale of the year, and while it can feel overwhelming and stressful, it’s definitely worth paying attention to. For any of you wondering- Isn’t this just another summer sale? Not at all! Let me explain.
Why is Everyone So Crazy For The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Fall clothes are the last thing on my mind at this time of year. Still, I’ve trained myself to think ahead and pay attention to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale because it is the one. The only sale where you can scoop up brand new, just released, never seen before Fall merchandise ON SALE, before it ever appears online or in stores.
This is truly fantastic stuff – top designers, fabulous clothes with most items 30-40% off!
There are hundreds of new Fall items, many exclusive to Nordstrom, at fantastic markdown prices. But like all sales, it’s for a limited time only. Then everything goes up to the full price.
Why Shop The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The early bird gets the worm! That saying is very true about the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. If you buy your fall clothes in summer, you will get the best of their fall merchandise.
You’ll save a bundle too! You’ll purchase new fall items at 30-40% off versus paying full price for the same merchandise in the fall. ( And yes, they really do put the merchandise back up to full price after the sale!).
All it takes is a little planning right now to get in on the deals as soon as the sale starts, which is in a couple of weeks. Let’s look at the details.
How to Shop – Online or in Person?
Online is the best way to shop, or you can shop in-store at your nearest open Nordstrom.
The Key- You Need a Nordstrom Credit Card For Early Access to the Sale!
When Can You Start Shopping? – 4 Early Access Dates for Cardholders
The sale officially begins in-store and online on August 4th for Nordstrom cardholders. The higher your Nordy club status, the early you get to shop.
Check the chart above to see which cardholders can shop the sale on which dates. If you are a Nordstrom cardholder and not sure of your Nordy club status, check here.
I Don’t Have/Want a Card. When can I shop?
The sale opens to the public (non-cardholders) on August 19th, and it ends on August 30th. Prices go back up to full price the next day. (They don’t budge on this end date). You can still find some great stuff if you don’t start shopping until August 19th because they restock some items, but there are no guarantees, so you are taking your chances.
How to PREPARE NOW -VERY IMPORTANT!!! Step- by- Step
Since the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the biggest sale of the year, it’s important to prepare now. Here are the steps to take to make the most of the sale and get the best selection.
1. Sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be posting sale updates on my blog (see Nordstrom Sale button in my navigation bar) and my Facebook Group. I’ll also be posting a recap of all Nordstrom sale posts in my weekly newsletter, so be sure to subscribe to my Fabulous After 40 newsletter. The bonus is as a subscriber; you’ll also receive my FREE style guide.
2. Sign up for Nordstrom Credit Card for EARLY ACCESS to the sale. Know your Nordy club status level and mark your calendar to know the date on which you can begin shopping.
3. Mark your calendar for August 4-18 (early access) or August 19th (public access)
4. Check the Preview on July 24th. Starting July 24th, everyone can preview the sale items, even though you may not be able to purchase them depending on your cardholder status. Identify what you want. Then save these things to your wishlist for faster checkout on the day you get access!
5. Be prepared to order two sizes. If you really want something and are unsure about the size, order two sizes to guarantee you get what you want. Things sell out fast!
6. Feel confident knowing Nordstrom offers free shipping and free returns, excellent customer service, and a very positive, risk-free shopping experience. I also happen to think their selection of brands and styles is outstanding.
MY FAVORITE BRANDS AT THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is the perfect time to stock up on quality Fall basics and splurge items you may not find at a discount, except at the very end of Fall when sizes are picked over. Here are some of my favorite brands that I’ll be watching out for during the sale:
Here are some of my favorite fall items that I’ll be shopping during the sale:
I know what you are thinking… This sale sounds very overwhelming and like a lot of work. The key is to know which day you can shop and make a list ahead of time and if you want to shop earlier, get a Nordstrom card. A little preparation is worth all the deals you’ll score. Follow the steps above, and you’ll be ready to roll on the day the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale goes live:
August 4th -19 Early bird access (for cardholders)
(the date depends on your cardholder status – pick up a Nordstrom credit card)
August 19th – Public access for all (non-cardholders)
How Canadians Can Shop the Sale
Canadians can now shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale in Canada via Nordstrom.ca August 19th – Sept 3rd. (August 19th – in-store, August 20-Sept 3 online too). There is early access in Canada for Nordy club members and Nordstrom Visa members Aug 16-18, but this early access is in-store only.
Bottom line- If you want to look fabulous this fall and you want to save a bundle (which I sure do), this is the sale to shop!!
Follow along with me and Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It’s going to be so much fun!
If you want to see my wish list, click here.