The Nordstrom 2021 Anniversary Sale is now on! Why is this such a big deal?
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is the BIGGEST sale of the year. It is not just another sale and is definitely worth paying attention to. Let me explain.
1. Why is Everyone So Crazy For The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Fall clothes are the last thing on my mind at this time of year. Still, I’ve trained myself to think ahead and pay attention to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Why?
This is the only sale where you can scoop up brand new, just released, never seen before Fall merchandise ON SALE at 30-40% off. There are hundreds of new Fall items, many exclusive to Nordstrom, at fantastic markdown prices, but for a limited time only. Everything goes back to the full price after the sale is over.
2. Why Shop The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
The early bird gets the worm! If you buy your fall clothes now in summer, you will get the best of Nordstrom’s new 2021 fall merchandise.
You’ll save a bundle too! You can buy at 30-40% off vrs. paying full price for the same merchandise in the fall. (And yes, they really do put the merchandise back up to full price after the sale!).
3. How Should You Shop – Online or in Person?
Online is the best way to shop, or you can shop in-store at your nearest Nordstrom. The key is to preview items now, before they go on sale, and start a wishlist, so when it’s time to buy, you are first in line. I have created 18 outfit collages you can shop – add to your wishlist and buy the day you get access.
Want to see all my outfit collages for the #NSALE?
4. When Can You Preview What will Be on Sale?
NOW! Everyone, cardholders, and non-cardholders can preview items starting TODAY, July 6th.
5. When Can You Start Shopping?
It depends on your status with Nordstrom. The sale has 3 shopping tiers. The higher your Nordy status, the earlier you can shop.
******There are 3 Early Access SHOPPING Dates *******
Shopping in Canada? Your preview starts July 19. Nordy Club Ambassadors get early access July 25-27, and everyone can shop July 28-August 8. You can shop online at Nordstrom.ca.
6. Do You Need to have a Nordstrom Credit Card to Shop Early Access?
7. What If I Don’t Have/Want a Nordstrom Card?
The sale opens to the public on July 28th. You can shop then.
8. How to PREPARE NOW – VERY IMPORTANT!!! Step-by-Step
Since the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the biggest sale of the year, it’s important to prepare now.
1. Sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be posting sale updates on my blog (see #NSALE button on my website navigation bar) and my Facebook Group. I’ll also be posting a recap of all Nordstrom sale posts in my weekly newsletter, so be sure to subscribe to my Fabulous After 40 newsletter.
2. Sign up for Nordstrom Credit Card for EARLY SHOPPING ACCESS to the sale.
3. Mark your calendar for July 12-16th (early access TO SHOP) or July 28th (public access TO SHOP)
4. Create a Wishlist – Check the Preview starting July 6th. Identify what you want to buy. Then save these things to your Nordstrom wishlist. This makes for faster checkout on the day you are eligible for SHOPPING access, and you will be more guaranteed to get what you want before it sells out.
5. Be prepared to order two sizes. If you really want something and are unsure about the size, order two sizes to guarantee you get what you want. Things sell out fast!
6. Feel confident knowing Nordstrom offers free shipping and free returns, excellent customer service, and a very positive, risk-free shopping experience.
9. What to Buy at #NSALE
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is the perfect time to stock up on quality Fall basics and splurge items you may not find at a discount, except at the very end of Fall when sizes are picked over.
This is me last year with the great jacket found. There’s lots of similar things here!
I know what you are thinking… This sale sounds very overwhelming and like a lot of work. The key is to:
- know which day you can shop
- create a wishlist at Nordstrom ahead of time, so you won’t be fumbling to buy and check out the day of the sale
- To shop earlier, before the general public, get a Nordstrom Credit Card.
A little preparation is worth all the deals you’ll score. Follow the steps above, and you’ll be ready to roll on the day the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale goes live.
Bottom line- If you want to look fabulous this fall and you want to save a bundle (which I sure do), this is the sale to shop!! I’ll be posting preview outfit collages this week, so watch out for those and follow along with me and Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It’s going to be so much fun!