The Coronavirus quarantine has everyone working at home. The only problem is…
When going to work is as simple as rolling out of bed and walking across the hall to your home office, it’s hard to feel motivated to get dressed. Your pajamas or workout clothes can quickly become your everyday business uniform.
Making an effort to get dressed for work is more important than you may think. Putting together a work outfit, even if it’s casual, creates a professional mindset that results in a more productive day. Here’s how to dress casually, be comfy, and get the job done when you are working from home.
1. Try a Long Top with Leggings
Nothing feels comfier when you are sitting for hours at a computer than stretchy, soft leggings. But they can easily make you look and feel frumpy too. The trick is to wear them with something other than your basic workout tee.
Try a cheery, trendy top like this sporty, yellow striped pullover. This top is soft to wear with a laid back feel, but the chic funnel neck and on-trend drawstring hem give it loads of style. Black leggings are the old standby, but white ones look great in warmer weather too.
2. Slip-on Stretchy Jeans and a Tunic
If you love to wear jeans, here’s a cute look. Add a flowy tunic to a pair of your favorite stretch jeans for a chic black and white look. This playful, zip front top with the friendly polka dots will have you looking casual and feeling confident as you adjust to your new normal.
3. Stay Relaxed in an Oversized Shirt
You’re at your desk, on the phone, in the kitchen making everyone lunch, and on the couch with your laptop watching Trump on TV. When you are moving around so much, you don’t want anything tight or hot. A relaxed cotton shirt is a good way to go. I love the sunset colors on this boxy, cool shirt worn with your favorite jeans.
2. Get Comfy in Cotton Dress
Pants and leggings are a no-brainer, but there are going to be days when you feel like wearing a dress- but not any old one. This vibrant striped cotton knit dress with the bateau neck and 3/4 length sleeves is ideal. And when you are ready to step out the front door for some fresh air, just slip on these backless sneakers and take a break.
3. Log on in Flowy Pants and a Cute T-shirt
Wide, flowy pants, like this cute blue pair, are another great option. These are linen, so they will keep you cool, plus the elastic waistband gives you lots of breathing room.
PIN FOR LATER!
Dump the frump while you are working from home this next while. And while you are at it, here are a few stylish home office pieces to go with your stylish new work from home outfits!
1. Rolling Cart – Working from home, even if it’s temporary, requires organization. This 3-tier rolling cart will keep all your daily essentials in one spot while saving space at the same time.
2. Dry-Erase Board Wall Decals – When you want dry-erase capabilities but don’t want the permanence of a dry erase board, these decals come to the rescue. Write to-dos, reminders, and appointments on them to stay on task.
3. Brass Desk Lamp – Add flair, light, and a little ambiance to your desktop with this stylish brass lamp.
4. Desk Accessory Set – This stylish acrylic desk set includes the things you’ll reach for over and over again. Plus, they’re too pretty to keep stashed in a drawer.
5. Magazine Holder – Add a pop of color to your desk with this magazine/notebook holder. Keeps notebooks together and within arm’s reach for easy grab-and-go.
6. Twelve-Month Planner – If you’ve never been a planner person, now is the time to become one. You’ll need a planner to keep you organized even when you’re not going anywhere. Use this to keep track of conference calls and virtual meetups.
7. Wall File Holder – When you work from home, clutter accumulates quickly. Keep all your papers and file folders in place with this distressed wood file hanger.
8. Faux Potted Plant – So maybe this isn’t going to help you organize your office. But a faux potted plant will elevate your at-home office decor, and it’s low maintenance.
9. Colorblock Notepad – Conquer any list, from groceries to work projects, with this colorful numbered notepad that will keep your priorities straight and to-dos simplified.
10. Desktop Organizer – This desktop organizer keeps you organized and keeps all your workday essentials at your fingertips. It features stackable, interchangeable compartments for paper supplies and other necessities.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.