The way you dress is a silent language that speaks volumes. That’s important to think about if you are on the dating scene. Does that mean you should dress as you always do, or step it up a notch?
It’s important to be true to who you are, but you also want to put your best foot forward, so dress to showcase the best version of you. If you are the bohemian type, play that up in flowy fabrics and ethnic patterns. More the traditionalist? Then stay preppy with a classic look.
Sexy types feel free to flaunt those legs or show some cleavage. No matter what style personality you are, be sure to look polished, well-groomed, feminine and a little sexy too.
Some clothes are like a stop sign. They make you look unapproachable, and they don’t play up your femininity. Avoid wearing these on a date:
- Turtlenecks – go for V-neck or scoop neck instead because exposing some skin is inviting.
- Plaid shirts – too masculine.
- Baggy tops- find a form-fitting, not tight one
- Clunky shoes with heavy heels- choose a lighter shoe with a finer heel- nothing that looks like a corporate office shoe.
- Rough fabrics – go for silks, cashmere, soft cotton.
- No jewelry or uptight jewelry like little tiny button studs that are better suited for work. Sexy jewelry is loose and a little dangly.
- Muted, dusty, sad colors like beige or industrial blue, etc.- go for clear pastels like pink or blue, or sexy brights like red, orange fuschia, cobalt blue.
- Overalls – save them for yardwork.
- Stiff hair- stop with the hairspray!
- Bare face- even a touch of lipgloss and mascara can make you look wow.
- Outfits that cover you head to toe. Showing a little skin is sexy. You are a woman, play that up.
Sure you’ve dated before, but finding love the second time around can be awkward and scary. At 40, 50 and beyond, what do you say, how do you act, and what the heck do you wear on a date, so you look sexy and not desperate? Here are three outfits to make to make you feel confident and look alluring in a classy, grown-up way.
What to Wear on a Dinner Date
You’re a woman. Vivé la difference. You can’t go wrong in a dress!
- Wear your dress at or above the knee and accessorize it with some flirty shoes and jewelry.
- Choose a fitted but not skin- tight dress.
- A wrap dress is very feminine and sexy and will minimize your mid-section.
- If you have a thick waist try a sheath or tunic dress that narrows slightly at the waist.
- When the focus is your legs, avoid excessive cleavage or visa verse. One sexy focal point is enough.
- Keep your neckline feminine by adding a drop necklace that sits at your bust. A keyhole neckline ( as shown above on this blue dress) is also sexy.
- Wear a pair of sexy pumps or med-high block heels to lift your bottom and show off your calves.
What to Wear on a Coffee Date
This is one of the hardest types of dates to dress for because you want to look cute and pulled-together, but not too overdone.
- Try straight or skinny leg jeans in a dark wash to look slim and classy.
- Since your legs are covered, select a top that shows a little skin (but not too much!). You could wear a v-neck or open neck peasant blouse like the one above.
- Add some dangly earrings in an-catching color that compliments your eyes.
- A suede bag and booties adds a velvety texture, which is inviting.
What to Wear on a Casual Date ( to a Museum, Art Show, etc.)
- Look feminine and sophisticated by pairing classic staples with luxe accessories.
- Inject some allure into your look with a slim fitting sweater and a funky statement necklace.
- A pair of booties shows off your spunky side.
- This look says casual and sexy at the same time.
Don’t try to dress up as someone you’re not. This is especially important on the first few dates because you want your date to see you for who you are, not a contrived version of yourself. Play up what you feel are your best features and own it! Remember:
Remember: confidence is sexy. So don’t forget to be yourself and have fun with it!
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.