Welcome back to my How to Dress for Your Zodiac Sign series. Today I’m looking at style and the Aquarius woman.
Born between January 21st – February 19th, the Aquarius woman is a true non-conformist who exemplifies what it means to march to your own drummer.
She is creative and unique. No shrinking violet, the Aquarius woman is strong, smart, independent, and original.
FAMOUS AQUARIUS WOMEN OVER 40
Oprah Winfrey, Christie Brinkley, Jayne Seymour, Jennifer Aniston
- Stands out in a crowd with pieces that are trendy, unusual, unique and possibly a little rebellious
- Loves prints
- Bold and unusual colors were made for her
By nature, Aquarius women are up for anything, so it’s no surprise that they’re drawn to interesting trends and like to have fun with fashion. Their boho streak would naturally attract them to this funky crochet sweater. The color, texture, and style are beautiful and make this a truly unique piece. Add a discreet camisole underneath and this a totally wearable piece at any age.
While the non-Aquarius gal in the crowd would be happy wearing this with simple skinny jeans or little black pants and simple flats, a vibrant Aquarius woman will pick up on the hippie/70’s vibe and keep right on going, pairing it as I show here with boot-cut jeans, Chelsea boots, and a beautiful leather hobo.
Aquarius women like bold colors and they get them all in one-go with this jaw-dropping wrap midi-dress. To my eye, this dress checks all the boxes when it comes to Aquarius women over 40:
- Bold and vibrant color? Check.
- Patterned? Check.
- Trendy? Check. (We started seeing hemlines go lower last year and it’s a trend you’ll see more of come this spring and summer. Do I hear a collective ‘Yay!’?)
- Sleeves? Check (Perfect if you’re concerned about flabby arms, a common complaint after 40.)
- Sophisticated, as befits a woman over 40? Check. (This is a classic wrap dress, that is classy, flattering, and always appropriate.)
Shoes and accessories are a fantastic way for an Aquarius woman to express herself which is why I’ve added trendy white booties (white footwear is going to be huge this spring and summer) and earrings and a bag with geometric details that play off the geometric print in the dress.
Go get ’em Aquarius!
Are you an Aquarius? Tell me about your style.