Do you have problems with your mascara smudging and under your lower lashes? According to the experts at Bobbi Brown, the raccoon eye problem has to do with using too much under-eye cream and not using the right concealer. Here are some expert tips to help you keep your eyes twinkling brightly:
1) For the most natural look, choose yellow-based shades of concealer. A concealer should almost match your skin, so choose one like you would choose a foundation.
2) When putting on the under-eye concealer, use a creamy brush and a small brush.
3) Concealer should be placed right up to the bottom lash line and all around the eye area, but NOT on the eye’s lid. That can cause the eyeshadow to crease.
4) Don’t forget to put concealer on that “blue-ish” area between your nose and inner eye. This also will make your eyes seem more opened up!
5) Pat on loose powder only on the under-eye area to keep the mascara from running. Do this very lightly with a makeup brush. Bobbi Brown has this excellent two-part compact I have purchased since I wrote this post, and I use it. I find that the superfine powder helps!
Here are some other great makeup tips for women over 40.