There’s nothing like having red in your wardrobe to put you in the mood for the holidays. RED always makes things so much more Christmas-like, and it’s a great pick-me-up as skies turn cold and gray.
A touch of red is all you need to get the holiday spirit. Or, go all out and welcome winter in a red satin sheath dress or sparkly red cocktail dress.
This year I bought this elegant wrap style red top. I like to wear it with black velvet jeans and a sparkly gold clutch to get me in a party mood. This one is bright and cheery, but I also found a red satin Christmas blouse that’s more of a wine color, and it’s just as lovely.
Below, I’ve put together a collection of all things red that you can buy as gifts, or build a festive holiday outfit around. Have a look at all these pretty red clothes!
1. Sequin Detail Top – Casual party or dressy party, you’ll be party-ready in this dazzling DKNY top, covered in glimmering, eye-catching sequins.
2. Pointed Toe Booties – A pointy toe and a sturdy and comfortable block heel make this ankle booties a great choice for a casual holiday party look.
3. Wool and Cashmere Scarf – Let this soft scarf add the finishing layer to your outfit for a casual outing to shop for a Christmas tree or browse holiday window displays.
4. Crossbody Bag/Clutch – A pouch, a clutch, a crossbody, this fabulous bag is three bags in one. The buttery feel of the soft vegan leather adds to its appeal and lustrous look. This versatile bag works for a dressy holiday party or a holiday lunch with your gal pals.
5. Sweater Dress – If you are looking to make a quietly elegant statement at a holiday party this season, this cowl neck sweater dress is the way to go.
6. Crystal Beaded Teardrop Earrings – A pair of dangling teardrop earrings with vintage charm and sophistication are exactly what you need to top off your look this holiday season.
7. Loafer with Bow – Put your best foot forward this holiday season in this moccasin-style loafer. Beautifully stitched and a classic bow adds the finishing touch.
8. Sherpa Fleece Pullover – Toss on this cozy fleece 1/4 zip pullover for an after Christmas stroll or a hike between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
9. Beanie With Pom Pom – Don’t forget the accessories this holiday season! Gift or get the perfect beanie, with a cute pom-pom on top.
10. Cold Shoulder Sweater – If you have someone on your gift list who loves sweaters, this beautifully-detailed sweater is the one to give. This gorgeous cold-shoulder sweater with cutouts and a V-neck that hits in just the right spot will look fabulous on anyone.
shop the look
GREEN is another stunning jewel tone that looks magical at Christmas. Something as simple as a green turtleneck or green suede pair of boots can add a huge wow factor to your look.
Above are a few gorgeous things you can easily work into festive holiday outfits. Go green this year and look even prettier than your shining Christmas tree.
1. Puff Shoulder Wrap Top – Full of work-to-play perfection, this polished, wrap top is for my petite gals. This top has a flattering wrap silhouette and the effortless ability to take you from office to happy hour without missing a beat.
2. Velvet Tie-Neck Sheath Dress – When you want a festive dress for the holidays but don’t want one that’s overly embellished with sequins or beading, you can go wrong with this elegant sheath dress.
3. Suede Ankle Booties – This simple, classic ankle bootie with minimal adornments and details, shines on its own with a casual outfit such as jeans and a crisp button-down shirt.
4. Ribbed Cuff Gloves – Gloves are a practical gift that are often overlooked. This pair is features a comfy stretch fabric and ribbed cuffs and offers plenty of cozy for chilly days and nights.
5. Hobo Bag – For every day holiday shopping, this hobo bag will keep all your essentials in the proper place with plenty of interior organization.
6. Pendant Necklace – For the gal who loves to accessorize, this luxe pendant necklace embellished with shining diamond shaped stations will bring a smile to her face. Perfect for layering with other chains or wearing on its own.
7. Cotton Joggers – For those cozy days where you want to stay in your PJs all day, these vintage cotton joggers are the perfect alternative to your favorite pajamas.
8. Pointed Toe Flats – For the friend who loves her ballet flats, this sleek and chic embossed croc ballet flat is the perfect gift.
9. Cashmere Cable Knit Turtleneck Sweater – Beyond basic, this turtleneck is updated with the soft luxury of cashmere. Add it to your winter wardrobe and you’ll wear it year after year.
10. Dot Sleeve Mockneck Sweater – Wear this simple yet pretty lightweight sweater for your office holiday lunch or out for cocktails with the girls. Romantic clip dot sheer sleeves give this sweater a decidedly feminine feel.