When long pants are too hot, shorts make you feel to exposed, cropped pants are the perfect answer.
There are: pedal pushers that come to just below the knee, capris that hit mid-calf and cropped ankle pants that graze the ankle bone.
But the question is… can you wear cropped pants if you are short or will they just make you look shorter?
Yes so long as you follow these guidelines:
1. Choose a slim Cut – Wide cropped pants make you look wider and shorter. If you stick to slim pants that fit close to the leg- tapered or straight leg you’ll be o.k.
2. Go for a neutral color closest to your skin color-If there is no big contrast between your leg and your pants your legs won’t look cut in two. Light skin gals can try white, tan or light gray and dark skinned gals can wear black, brown or khaki.
3. Don’t wear cropped pants with large patterns. Solid are most slimming or if you wear a pattern keep it small so it doesn’t overwhelm.
4. Wear a heel or wedge to add a few inches. Flat shoes with cropped pants can make you look short and squat. A shoe can elevate your frame and make your legs look longer than they are.
5. Keep the top of the foot open by wearing sandals or low vamp shoes to expose skin and elongate the leg.
6. Stick to tops that skim the top of your capris/cropped pant. By showing more pant you give the illusion of a longer leg.
7. Tops with a wider neckline also help draw the eye up balance you out and make you look taller.
Just because you are short doesn’t mean you have a tiny figure to go with it. Here’s a few other tips for camouflaging problem areas.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.