I wear glasses and love to wear jewelry, but I always worry that the look is too heavy. What are the rules for eyeglass wearers?
This is an excellent question. Your eyeglasses are an accessory and need to be recognized and counted.
Here are some rules to follow:
- Take note of what color your glasses are. Are they silver, gold, or bronze? The rest of your jewelry, belt, and purse hardware should coordinate.
- Do your eyeglasses match your wardrobe style? If you like to wear traditional clothes, your glasses should be classic. If your style is more modern, your glasses should be stylish. If you live a double life and dress one way for work and another on your days off, consider having several pairs in different styles! There are lots of funky colored and patterned glasses out there that are fun for weekends.
- Glasses and earrings should not fight each other! Since glasses are more prominent than earrings, let your earrings be a lovely accent. They should not compete for attention.
- Are your glasses competing with your face shape? Balance is the key here. If you have a round face, try drinks with a boxy or more rectangle look. Have a long face, then try rounded lenses. Oval? You’re lucky; most any shape of glasses will look good on you!
- What about necklaces and glasses? If you like bold necklaces, keep the earrings to a minimum. Once again, keep your look harmonious. If you have fun, funky glasses, you will be able to pull off clunky jewelry. Fine jewelry works best with rimless types of frames.
- Love jewelry and don’t know where to draw the line? One easy rule of thumb is: it probably is if you think it looks like too much.