I wear glasses and love to wear jewelry but I always worry that the look is too heavy. What are the rules for eyeglass wearers?
This is an excellent question. Your eyeglasses are definitely an accessory and need to be recognized and counted.
Here are some rules to follow:
- Take note of what color your glasses are. Are they silver, gold, or bronze? The rest of your jewelry, belt and purse hardware should coordinate.
- Do your eyeglasses match your wardrobe style? If you like to wear traditional clothes, your glasses should be traditional. If your style is more modern, then your glasses should be modern too. If you live a double life and dress one way for work and another on your days off, consider having several pairs in different styles! There are lots of funky colored and patterned glasses out there that are fun for weekends.
- Glasses and earrings should not fight each other! Since glasses are more prominent than earrings, let your earrings just be a nice accent. They should not compete for attention.
- Are your glasses competing with your face shape? Balance is the key here. If you have a round face, try glasses that have a boxy or more rectangle look to them. Have a long face, then try a rounded lenses. Oval? You’re lucky, most any shape of glasses will look good on you!
- What about necklaces and glasses? If you like bold necklaces, keep the earrings to a minimum. Once again, keep your look harmonious. If you have fun funky glasses, you will be able to pull off clunky jewelry. Fine jewelry, works best with the rimless types frames.
- Love jewelry and don’t know where to draw the line? One easy rule of thumb is: if you think it looks like too much, it probably is.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.