Every week I showcase a Fabulous After 40 Styleblazer– a 40+ blogger who I interview about their style. But I also love to see what my readers are wearing too. So I did a shout out inviting you to send in your photos and here’s what has come in.
Meet these Glam Gals as they show off their summer style.
1) Barbara is a 73-year-old artist from Arizona who is “doing her best to stay fabulous.” Here she is posing with a few of her paintings. Barbara says, ” I want to be great looking but age appropriate. Women stop me to tell me they like my outfits…the young girls even seem to admire the way I dress and tell me so.”
2) Fabulous After 40 reader Risa sent in a picture of her friend Carla who, she describes as, “always stylish, trendy, yet still elegant at 70+ years. She looks even better in person!”
3) Emily, age 49, took this photo of herself in a fun maxi dress while on vacation last month at Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic.
4) Loyal reader Carina describes this pretty dress as the perfect outfit for either spring or summer. She was attracted to the floral print and romantic bell-shaped sleeves.
5) Linda shared a picture with us from a class reunion. After a long search for a figure-flattering sheath with sleeves and longer length, she finally found this one that she wore with a black coral necklace and drop earrings.
6) Melissa, 52, attended her 35th high school reunion. She tells me she used several tips from Fabulous After 40, especially the ones about hair and the accessories to create her look. She wore a sheath dress that she “had forever, but still fit really well.” Then she added some silver/turquoise accessories to dress it up. The dress hit right above the knee, and Melissa wore black open toe wedges with about a 2-inch heel. In Melissa’s words, “I felt fabulous and not frumpy!”
Great to hear from you Glam Gals! Ladies, keep those style photos coming and please let me know what topics you’d like me to write more about. Cheers! Deborah