Dear Glam Gals,
I recently started working out at the gym and the sweat pants and old t-shirt thing is a little dated. What do you suggest for comfortable style that still holds everything in the right place?
Thanks for the help!! Jeni
Working out can mean many things to us gals. For some, it’s an activity we look forward to, to help blow off steam from sitting all day and for others it is a sense of dread and torture.
Either way, it can be more fun if you have an outfit that you feel good in.
Here are a few tips to use if you are considering updating your workout clothes:
- Make sure you top is a pretty color. We like to say that color gives us energy! Nothing like a pop of color to make a girl feel like getting up and off the couch!
- Fitted is better. Let’s face it, no one looks good in a big, baggy t-shirt. You will want your new top to glide over your body. It’s ok to show some curves…we are all in this together!
- Coordinate your jogging bra. This monochromatic style is simple and clean looking. It’s ok for your bra to show and it can look rather pretty when a shot of color is peeking out from under your top. Also, check your drawer for dingy white bras and make sure to toss them out!
- Find a pair of long flair pants. Choosing a long pant with a flair is always going to be more flattering than a Capri or straight legged pant. The flair helps balance out hips and bootie. (Check out our favorite “support” workout pants from Hold Your Haunches, they feel and fit wonderfully!)
- Freshen up your tennis shoes. There’s nothing like a dirty pair of tennis shoes to ruin your outfit. Either pop them in the washer with some bleach or buy a new pair. We actually like black tennis shoes, too…they can lengthen the leg and don’t show the dirt as quickly!
- Get a colorful jacket. This is the best tip of all…splurge on a really pretty casual jacket. That way, you can still run into the grocery store or an errand or two and still looked pulled together. With your long flared pants, no one will even know you have been to work out!
Have you started to find that you’re feeling some aches, pains and stiffness these days that might keep you from working out? I know it’s been tough for me (JoJami) to touch my toes in Yoga recently! It could just be that the cold weather is coming your way but it could also be the beginnings of arthritis.
We were surprised to here that 1 in 5 people will get arthritis and it can happen as early as your 30′s! Even though arthritis is not curable, the good news is that you can find relief by staying active.
That’s why we wanted to share with you some information on World Arthritis Day, on Oct. 12th.
Check out this video and find out how you can learn more about how to have “pain success.” We know that staying active is good for all aspects of our lives and will keep us looking fabulous after 40 and beyond!
What is your weapon against arthritis pain? Please comment below: