I’m a size 18, and my biggest fashion challenge is finding cute plus size workout clothes to wear to the gym. Most of the fitness clothes I find are regular size, or they are black or gray, which is so depressing.
I want to look good at my present weight and wear bright, happy colors. I also want my hair and make-up to look good. What do you suggest? Thanks for caring, Jennie
Great questions! You’re so right. Black, gray and white can be boring! Bright colors give you the energy you need to power through a workout. Here are some workout clothes for plus size women and some grooming tips that will have you looking great and feeling inspired at the gym.
To look and feel fab at the gym when you are a curvy gal keep these things in mind.
- Drop the white t-shirt and go for a nice workout top in a festive color! When you put on a cute top, it will bring up your spirits and make you feel like working out.
- The best plus size workout clothes have built-in stretch and well-constructed waistbands to hold you in while feeling comfy.
- Style is important. Mature women tend to look better in tops with wider straps vs. spaghetti straps.
- Have fun layering. If you don’t have a lot to spend, just get a colorful workout bra to wear under your existing top. Play with color. I.e., buy an orange bra and wore it under my a lemon yellow top with my black 3/4 length pants! You can do the same with pastels if you prefer lighter shades.
- Be sure to get a good sports bra. This is very important. You are supposed to be firming things up, not making them worse!
- Find a fun way to wear your hair! For example, clip and “poof” the top just a little to give your hair a fuller look.
- Update those sneakers! Don’t forget that support is really important. Depending on how often you work out, make sure your tennis shoes are fresh and not worn out!
- Black sneakers and black socks are slimming! If you like to wear black workout pants, I love this look! Pair it with a colorful top, and you will look sleek and chic!
- Don’t overdo the makeup. I find that there is no need to wear mascara if you have dark lashes already. If you are blond, consider tinting them!
- Foundation is a no-no when working out. Even if it is mineral, it will still clog pores. Better to just use a little concealer if you feel the need and just apply a sheer natural lipstick or gloss and a swipe of blush to give you a little glow!
- Try out a sports skirt. They’re colorful, comfortable, and cool.
- Wear a colorful bandanna for another way to keep your hair off your face!
Wondering where to buy cute plus size workout clothes at a good price? You can great discount plus size workout clothes at Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, and T.J. Maxx. As for higher-end styles try Macy’s and Nordstrom.
Jennie, Enjoy your workout and update your workout clothes seasonally. Often a little motivation from the outside in (cute workout clothes) can help you reach your fitness goals.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.