Goodbye winter, we’ve had enough. Bring on spring fashion and let’s get shopping! This year’s biggest trends?
1. Daring Denim: your basic blues will be kicked up a notch this season with prints and embellishments. Anything goes! I think the biggest hit in spring fashion over 40 will be flared jeans. They’re a welcome change from skinny jeans for curvy gals especially. Take a look at a few ways to wear flared jeans here.
2. 70’s Suede: Suede is spring’s “it” fabric, and it feels freshest in earthy shades like moss green marigold and rust, and cool retro shapes. Suede is softer and a little more feminine than leather, so if you have been hesitating about a leather jacket, go for suede. Take a look at the suede jacket I bought.
3. Avant-Garde Aprons: Here’s a very interesting spring 2015 fashion tend that risk takers will love. Designers are layering fabric around the hips-creating clothes that look like a cross between an apron and a wrap skirt. It’s very fashion forward, and you will definitely get noticed.
4. Grown Up Gingham: the ultimate springtime fabric adds a dose of whimsy to looks this season. Can you wear it over 40? Check out my post on Gingham over 40.
6. Perfect Polos: sporty style is still going strong this spring, meaning polos are back in a big way! Always practical.
5. Boho By Night: this spring, after-dark dressing has a decidedly bohemian feel, so reach for pieces that bring out your inner flower child. 70’s Glam! This is a fun look and works well in summer. How about a boho maxi dress for a pool party or summer gathering?
7. It’s a Cinch: This season it’s all about belts; from wrap-around obi styles to simple ribbons to wide, slouchy ones. Hello, instant hourglass shape! Find out more about what an obi belt is, and how to wear an obi belt post complete with outfit ideas.
8. Cold Shoulder: forget cleavage, spring 2015 fashion for women is about showing off your shoulders, one or both! Great way to look sexy without showing cleavage or wearing thigh high skirts.
9. Stripes Every Which Way: from racing stripes to bold horizontal lines and angled stripes, add sass to your style by mixing striped pieces! I see a lot of this in athletic wear. For example, a workout top with stripes very which way is cute.
10. Trendy Trench: the classic outerwear gets an update for spring in a soft, slouchy shape and touchable fabrics. This is a lovely trend. Take a look at the relaxed trench coats I found.
Which of these spring fashion for women over 40 do you like and want to try? I like suede and off the shoulder.