What comes to mind when you think of Casual Fashion for Women over 40? For many, it’s a pair of good old blue jeans. But what do you wear with jeans to look classy yet casual over 40? Here’s a classic-style recipe.
Jeans + Pretty Top+ Jacket + Flats + Great Bag + Cool Jewelry = FAB CASUAL LOOK!
- a dark wash is classier than faded and more slimming too
- bootcut looks fab on any body type
- medium rise covers the jelly belly
- make sure your jeans have stretch to them to make them fit well and look modern
- Go for tops with some detail to show personalities, such as a ruffle, zipper, or exciting pattern.
- V-neck or scoop neck is most flattering and will make your neck look long and lean and your body slim.
- The best length is a top that ends below the hipbone or a longer
- Tops with some stretch fall nicely and show off your shape by following your curves
- A one-button is modern, or a zipper is extra sporty
- Make sure it nips in at the waist
- Look for classic lines and a good cut with solid shoulders that help give your softer 40+ body structure.
- A neutral jacket like camel, black, navy, gray, or white ( if you live in a hot place) is most versatile and will go with everything.
- Flats take you everywhere, day and evening.
- Pointy-toe flats are more dressy than a rounded toe.
- Ballet Flats or smoking slippers are the two hot flat shoes that work well with jeans.
- If you are unsure what color to buy, black is always a good choice. Metallics are also considered neutrals and go well with jeans.
- Buy genuine leather- good quality – It shows!
- If you can only afford one purse, make it a neutral color
- Structured Bags – square or rectangular purses give off a more elegant vibe, while soft, slouchy handbags are more relaxed and fun.
- Buy yourself some big statement jewelry that expresses your personality
- Gold works best for women with warm tones, and silver works best for women with cool tones
- Don’t forget to wear jewelry even when you are dressed casually. It finishes off your look and is the difference between average and excellent.
Most important of all, Be confident and have fun. You can do this.