It’s challenging to look fab day in and day out when a simple blow out at home can feel like it takes forever.
How do the pros do it, and what products do they use to make the process easier? Celebrity hairstylist Billy Lowe says all you need to do is:
1. Shampoo and condition, as usual, using professionally prescribed products for your hair type.
2. Towel dry hair to remove excess water and apply your preferred styling products. I LOVE using styling creams for a great blow-out and often, a little goes a long way.
3. Begin blow-drying hair with your fingers to remove excess water. Remove 80-90% of the water in your hair BEFORE you use your brushes. Using a brush on wet hair accomplishes nothing, and you’re just pulling and tugging at the hair.
4. I prefer to use a metal or ceramic round brush when drying, rather than boar bristle. They save drying time, are open in the center to allow air to pass through on both sides, and they give a beautiful silky smooth polished look. My favorite brushes are by Olivia Garden, and I love the large barrels.
5. Finish with a shaping wax, hair spray, or other product to give the final touch to your style.
Additional tip: If you have wavy hair, Apply a styling cream to the back and scrunch through. Allow the back to air-dry on its own (leaving it curly) and smooth through the front to polish and straighten the face framing area. The result is a beautiful dimensional effect that has lots of bodies, movement, and style.
Thanks to Billy Lowe – celebrity stylist and founder of Gloss & Toss – www.glossandtoss.net
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.