I am looking for a lightweight, warm weather trench that I can wear in spring and when traveling. Is there anything new in Trench Coats?
What color of trenchcoat should I buy?– blue, pink, green? What about a patterned trench? Or, would I be better off with a demure tan, or bone colored trench, or some neutral color? What do you think?
Neutral is safe, and you can always add a colorful scarf, but safe can be boring. It sounds like you are leaning towards color so why not buy a colorful trench coat (or bright jacket) to make a statement as you walk into any room?
Colored trenches look hip and will perk up your face. Patterns are trickier. They go out of style quicker. I’d only buy a patterned one if you already have a good solid colored one, or you have no budget concerns.
Blue and pink are this year’s top colors. Relaxed trench coats that are softer and a little less structured are also the trend. Here are a few things to consider when buying the perfect trench.
How do you know which trench coat is right for your body type?
- Petite? – Avoid wearing a long trench coat that hits below the knee because it will drown you.
- Big busted? Stay clear of double-breasted trench coats and wide lapels. They will only create more bulk up top.
- To look classy and current after 40– Balance a bright trench a touch by pairing it with a neutral color underneath like white, black, navy, tan, etc.
- Three-quarter length sleeved trench coats or trenches with sleeves you can roll up look sporty and youthful.
- Don’t be afraid to spend a bit more on a good trench coat that fits you to a “T.” A trench coat is a classic piece and will last you a long time, so it is worth the investment.
Will you buy a trench coat this spring? Check out how great my reader Sue looks in a tangerine trench coat that goes perfectly with her coloring.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.