The sky is gray, the leaves are turning gorgeous shades of red and gold, and it’s getting nippy out there. Doesn’t this time of year make you feel like pulling on a big wool sweater and getting cozy?
Fall weekends are especially nice. You can drive out to the countryside and poke around at a craft fair, visit a local farm to pick up a pumpkin and some cider, maybe even go apple picking.
What do you wear to look as relaxed and cozy as you feel? Here’s a look at some cute casual fall outfits for fall weekends.
Cable Knit Poncho
Take a break from your go-to fall uniform of a pair of jeans and cardigan and instead, cuddle up this weekend in a stylish poncho. Causal fall outfits that involve ponchos, capes or wraps are super chic and can be incredibly flattering, especially if you keep these pointers in mind:
- Choose rich colors like gold, rust burgundy, navy, dark green, and mustard or, like I’ve done here, sophisticated, warm neutrals like cream, brown and beige.
- Avoid being swallowed up by a large silhouette by cinching your poncho at the waist with a wide belt.
- If your blanket coat or poncho doesn’t have long sleeves, wear a long sleeve shirt or sweater underneath. Since the sleeves on a blanket coat or poncho are already loose-fitting, make sure your shirt sleeves are fitted so that you don’t get an overly baggy look.
- Shorter gals can slip on a pair of cute booties with a bit of a heel to lengthen your leg past the hem of this long coat.
- Finish off your look with a great bag, either pulling a color from your poncho for a fun look or do what I’ve done here and go with a bag in one of fall’s richest and surprisingly versatile colors, burgundy.
Sporty Velvet Bomber
A bomber jacket is a perfect transitional piece and an effortless outerwear option: just throw it on and go! Just make sure to keep your look polished and classy by keeping a few things in mind:
- Choose a bomber that doesn’t look skimpy or too small. When in doubt, size up.
- Forget flimsy nylon bombers. Look for one in a luxe fabric like this plush blue velvet one.
- You want a Fall bomber to be warm and cozy. Quilting, as you see on the one I’ve chosen here, is a good choice.
- While I’ve shown this bomber here with jeans and booties, don’t be afraid to think outside the box. I love the look of a sporty bomber thrown over a dress. Not only is it modern and unexpected, add tights, booties or tall boots and a scarf, and you’ve got another cute and cozy weekend look.
- Finally, cute fall casual outfits look complete with big scarves that can be layered with jackets, like this bomber, or simply worn with a cute shirt or seater.
Cozy Chenille Cardigan
There is nothing cozier than a long, soft cardigan. Transition into the chillier weather by wearing one with your favorite pair of leggings.
- For added warmth, try a wool or cashmere sweater layered over a tank top or turtleneck sweater. This one is a gorgeous, lustrous chenille!
- A long cardigan with skinny jeans or leggings is a classic Fall/Winter look but if you’re hankering for something more fresh and up-to-date, try it with bootcut or wider-leg jeans as I’ve done here.
- Mix and match your clothing and accessories in rich fall colors like burnt orange, rich brown, earthy green, or, go for with something a little fun and unexpected like the softer pinks and blues in this scarf and accessories that I’ve chosen here.
What cute and casual fall outfits do you like to wear?