Will you please tell women that ankle bracelets have no place in a professional work environment? I don’t know how many times I’ve seen this. tacky and horrible! Thanks, Shawn
I agree that ankle bracelets or anklets are they are sometimes called, don’t belong in the workplace or any professional settings. They send out a sexy, carefree message, are best-worn outside of work, especially in more casual settings.
Where should you wear ankle bracelets?
- On vacation, at the beach or on a cruise. Beaded or charm anklets can be cute.
- Poolside in your bathing suit, lounging in the sun
- At a summer BBQ or cocktail party with a flirty, feminine sundress and open-toe sandals.
- Summer festivals like Coachella, an outdoor arts and crafts event or a Farmer’s Market -anything laid back and boho is a perfect match
- While running everyday errands. Try wearing your anklet with sneakers, for a modern, fun look.
What about an elegant ankle bracelet worn in the evening with a cocktail dress?
Some women like to wear a delicate gold or silver ankle bracelet, and that’s fine, but when you wear it with a cocktail dress to a special event, I feel it looks very dated. And on top of that, when you wear any ankle bracelet over or under nylons, it’s not very flattering. Ankle bracelets are meant to be worn with bare legs.
Other tips for wearing anklets
- Keep anklets dainty and feminine to highlight your ankles and legs
- Don’t wear them with shoes that have ankle straps or it gets too messy and confusing at the ankle
- Wear ankle bracelets just below ankle bone for a most flattering look.
- Feel free to wear an anklet on your right or your left ankle. There is no right or wrong side.
How do you feel about ankle bracelets?