Safari-style clothing is sporty and sophisticated, but there are always new ways to wear this favorite classic. Right now, some of the trends include:
- Monochromatic Safari – all one color or slightly varying shades of one color make a strong and slimming statement.
- Safari Inspired Clothing with some shine– Safari has never been so glamorous.
- Suede Safari – Yes to suede in spring and summer.
- Neutral Safari pieces mixed with bold brights like yellow and orange, even blue, make it fashion-forward.
- Safari dresses in interesting styles with unusual details.
Where do you start to put together any safari look. I have some ideas.
1. Get Yourself a Cargo Jacket
An adventurous-looking cargo jacket with many pocket zippers is a great starting point for a safari look. Turn up the sleeves, slide on some glasses, and have a cute out-of-Africa look you can theme up or down.
2. Wear a Safari Dress
Choose one good piece as your safari focal point. I love this flowy olive shirt dress teamed up with rustic sandals and an armful of bangles.
3. Slip into a Safari Jumpsuit
This khaki jumpsuit is a new way to interpret this trend. Colorful tribal jewelry, an earthy backpack-style bag, and chunky block heels have been added to create a sporty/glam feel. I recently bought an off-white cotton utility jumpsuit that’s a little fashion-forward that you could easily style to have a Safari vibe!
4. Pull on a Pair of Safari Shorts
Chic lace-up sandals, beaded tassel earrings, and a fab bag elevate this outfit from a rustic Indiana Jones look to a modern 2017 fashion look. A gorgeous leather tote polishes it all off and gives this outfit a modern edge.
5. Put together a Modern Safari Travel Outfit
The Safari look is practical and all about adventure, making the perfect travel outfit. I have flown many times in these fantastic stretchy tan travel pants, worn with a leopard print button-up and a thin combat print drawstring nylon jacket. It’s comfy, light warm, and has that exciting world traveler vibe like all Safari looks. Maybe it’s time I planned a trip to Africa!
Learn more about Safari style and the latest ways to wear it here.